Student or Learner
I dont know what type are they. 1,2 or 3
1. If inflation is heating up and it looks sustainable, then the Federal Reserve would have no problem hiking rates.
2. If we rewind a little bit, Yellen also moved from a 2016 rate hike expectation of four to two.
3. If you read between the lines, it seems as though Yellen is leaning more toward easing than hiking.
4. If you read between the lines, it seems as though Yellen is leaning more toward easing than hiking.
5. If you want to go with the big dogs, then you might want to consider SCHP
6. If Russia's energy resources don't see new investments in the next two years, she said, then the country could experience lengthy declines in oil production — old Soviet-era wells drying up, without new ones coming on.
7. If that happens, the production decline from lost investment will be only a few percentage points, he said, and that would not have drastic effects on the economy.
The sentences do not all fall into the same category.
[Sentences 3/4, 5]
These fall into the Zero conditional category, which is used to convey a fact, logical conclusion, circumstance, etc.
The Zero conditional is formed by using present/past tense in both the if and the result (main) clauses.
[Sentences 1, 6, 7]
These are all 1st conditional sentences, talking about possible present or future situations and the results.
Generally if you are using the present tense in the if clause, the sentence will be a 1st conditional.
You can use any present tense in the if clause, followed by any form of the future in the result (main) clause.
There seems to be something missing from this sentence, because as it is written, it isn't grammatically correct. Perhaps the idea in the main clause is implied. Were these sentences written or spoken? Anyways, I'll take a stab at it:
2. If we rewind a little bit, (we see that) Yellen also moved from a 2016 rate hike expectation of four to two.
In this case, we have the Zero conditional once again, as the speaker/writer is observing a fact.
Hope this helps. :)