Which are correct:
1) He was followed to make sure that he wouldn't contact the mob boss.
2) He was followed by the police to make sure that he wouldn't contact the mob boss.
(In '2', who is making sure that he won't contact the mob boss? The police? Or someone else?)
3) He was anesthetized to keep from moving.
4) He was anesthetized to keep him from moving.
5) He was anesthetized to be kept from moving.
In 2, who other than the police could it be? I can't see a case here to imply that someone else was making sure. If this were the case, then it would be logical to name the person/people who gave the police their orders.
4 is OK. 3 and 5 don't work for me, especially 5.