Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. keannu's Avatar
    VIP Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

    • Join Date: Dec 2010
    • Posts: 5,226

    authorized English tests

    Do you call IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL, etc "official English tests" or "authorized English tests"?

  2. Key Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Apr 2014
    • Posts: 3,728

    Re: authorized English tests

    When you say "authorized", there is the question, "authorized by who?"
    When you say "official", there is the question,"official for what purpose?"
    I would call them internationally recognized English tests.
    Last edited by tedmc; 10-Apr-2016 at 02:05.
    I am not a teacher.

Similar Threads

  1. [Grammar] English Grammar Tests
    By keysi in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-Aug-2015, 10:29
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-Apr-2013, 15:30
  3. Decide if the following tests meet the criteria for good tests
    By vistaforever in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-Mar-2009, 13:00
  4. English Proficiency Tests
    By elisabeth1 in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-Mar-2008, 09:37
  5. Help with grading English tests
    By imago10 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-Sep-2006, 06:25


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts