Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I meant to use your words: great food. You will shortly see why I made that mistake.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Next sentence. Try:

Even if I never managed to get her in bed, she still would have had a wonderful experience, and would probably remember me as a kind and generous gentleman.

The word "nice" is probably the most overused word in the English language, thus my suggestion.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I was a kind man who was attracted TO her...

Of course, the young lady only encountered one version of "you" so she had no chance to choose between the two versions.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I wouldn't use "so" for "very" but many people do.

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Tarheel,
The girl did not want to get to know the first version, because she was scared of the words she heard from me.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Are you saying it's not fiction?

Bassim

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Tarheel,

My text is about the difference between the facts and fiction. How much do we really know about ourselves and the world around us? We believe we know much, but our knowledge is limited and affected by our emotions, prejudices and biases. Many people do not want to know the truth. They love to be ignorant because ignorance gives them peace of mind. I started my text with the description of an encounter which had really happened, and which taught me a lesson to be silent. Why even try to tell people something they do not want to hear? I cannot lie, because it would be dishonest, and I do not want to spoil their trip. Reality is not the same for people although they live beside each other. My life here is the worst part of my life, but for a student this is probably his or her best time. But we both live in a reality created by our minds. I have met people whose world view changes drastically because of an incident that suddenly happens in their lives, like illness, divorce, or when they discover that their father is not their real father. Their world collapses, and they need time to adjust themselves to a new reality. People talk and look at each other, but what they see is not a real person, but a picture created in their mind. And the picture is distorted because our senses and organs are not perfect.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Much food for thought. I will try to digest it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.