Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Japan
I am teaching English at primary and junior high schools in Japan and would like show some simple but fun sports, hobby and gym based animations with clean backgrounds for my self introduction lesson. I'll act out some myself (maybe double up) and I know there are free stick figure making and animation software but I don't trust my ability to draw a good one. The range of activities sought is primarily gym-based including "Body Pump"- weight-lifting to music- group fitness, weights machines, free weights, running on track, swimming, sauna using, bathing plus other hobbies/ sports demonstrations- not particular about which ones. I am going ask them which one of these two do I do at the gym. So is there a website where I can find all the animations sought? Google is so useless- only found a a few and many not useful ones and no websites with helpful search functions or internal categories.

cloa513

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Japan
Thanks for your reply but the point of the lesson is not to learn that vocabulary but to familiarise them and engage them with me as their new Assistant Language Teacher with general English exposure- I am hoping they have a fair understanding of gym activities in general even though they would probably never have been to one- limited access for children they might do . Thus I need animations to complement my speaking in English of the activities- preferably with the same character in good quality so I put it on a screen. I will do my own body actions where possible.

cloa513

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Japan
I am also not trying to get them to talk about it rather guess which I do at the gym given a choice of two possibles- if at appropriate level then they might be able to say. NOTE: MY SELF-INTRODUCTION is the purpose not a big pressure on them to self-introduce themselves- later lessons will prepare them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.