Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Dear all,

I need to send an e-mail asking for an invitation letter, and I don't know if the person whom I'm sending it, knows about me because the first time I contacted, I did it directly through my tutor, so I would need to introduce me at first, and then ask the request. Could anyone of you, please, check my letter??
Thank you.

Dear XXXX XXXX,

I'm XXXX XXXX, a Ph.D. student of Dr. XXXX XXXX, who a couple of months ago e-mailed with Dr. XXXX XXX, asking for a research stay in your institution (from 1th June to 31th September) and he was kind enough accepting my application.

Now, my university is requesting me an invitation letter for the period I mentioned above. I would really appreciate if you could send me an invitation letter and If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Once again, I would like to thank you all for giving me this opportunity.

Yours faithfully,

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Why are you pretending to send an email?

Hamgeva Vage

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I would greatly appreciate any correction or opinion you may give me.
Thank you,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear all,

I need to send an e-mail asking for an invitation letter​. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I don't know if the person to whom I'm sending it knows about me because, the first time I contacted them, I did it directly through my tutor. [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] Consequently, I [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] need to introduce [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] myself [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] first, and then [STRIKE]ask[/STRIKE] make the request. Could anyone [STRIKE]of you, please,[/STRIKE] check my letter? [STRIKE]?[/STRIKE]
Thank you.

Dear XXXX XXXX,

[STRIKE]I'm[/STRIKE] My name is AAAA AAAA and I'm studying [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] for my Ph.D. [STRIKE]student[/STRIKE] in [subject] [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] with Dr. XXXX XXXX. [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] A couple of months ago, I e-mailed [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] Dr. YYYY YYYY, asking for a research [STRIKE]stay[/STRIKE] position in your institution (from [STRIKE]1th[/STRIKE] 1st June to [STRIKE]31th[/STRIKE] 30th September) and he was kind enough [STRIKE]accepting[/STRIKE] to accept my application.

[STRIKE]Now,[/STRIKE] My university [STRIKE]is requesting me[/STRIKE] has requested [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] a formal invitation letter for the period [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] mentioned above. I would really appreciate it if you could send me an invitation letter. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE]

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

[STRIKE]Once again,[/STRIKE] I would like to thank you [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] for giving me this opportunity and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours [strike]faithfully[/strike] sincerely,

See my suggested changes above.

I would probably try to give them the exact date that you emailed the first time, and include a copy of the email you received from Dr YYYY YYYY offering you the research position. Ideally, I would "cc" Dr YYYY YYYY into this email or email him direct asking him to arrange the invitation letter.

Note that we don't use "th" after all numbers to create ordinal numbers. After a "1", use "st". After a "2", use "nd", after a "3", use "rd". After that you can use "th". Note that there are only 30 days in September so he can't have offered you a position ending on 31 September.

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th

If you start a letter with "Dear Sir/Madam", end with "Yours faithfully". If you start a letter with "Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms + Surname", end with "Yours sincerely".​

Last edited:

Hamgeva Vage

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Thank you very much for your attention emsr2d2.

I really appreciate all the help and tips you gave me. I will keep it mind!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.