Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Curriculum Vitae

MY NAME

EDUCATION

2011 – 2014 The Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music in Gdańsk, the Instrumental Department,
Major: Playing the Grand Piano,
Master of Arts degree,

2009 – 2012 Participant at the Prof. Christopher Olczak’s Composition Master Classes,

2008 – 2011 The Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music in Gdańsk, the Instrumental Department,
Bachelor of Arts degree,

2005 – 2008 The Kazimierz Jagiellończyk Upper Secondary School in Sieradz,

2001 – 2007 The State Music School of 2nd degree (Polish Institute of Music) in Łódź,

1995 – 2001 The State Music School of 1st degree in Sieradz.

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS

2004 - The laureate at the 2nd Polish Władysław Kędra Piano Competition in Łódź,

2003 - The laureate at the 19th International Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition for Children and Youth in Szafarnia.

EXPERIENCE

2013 - Grand Piano Teacher at the Henryk Wieniawski State Music School of Ist Degree in Gdańsk,

2010 - The “Impression” - released in cooperation with "Paris Music" - the production music library,

2004 - Participant of the 3rd International Master Course in the Interpretation of Fryderyk Chopin’s Works in Białystok.

OTHER SKILLS

- Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Sibelius software,
- Driver’s licence.

LANGUAGES

Polish – native,
English – full professional proficiency,
German – basic,
Ukrainian – basic.

INTERESTS

- film and classical music, computer science, sport.

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Date of birth: 15[SUP]th[/SUP] April 1989
Address: xxxx
Telephone number: xxxx
Email: xxxx

Slawexsdz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I would be very glad if you could check it and tell me whether it includes any mistakes. Thank you!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Curriculum Vitae

MY NAME

EDUCATION

2011 – 2014 [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] Gdańsk - [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Instrumental Department,
Master of Arts degree,

2009 – 2012 Participant [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in the Prof. Christopher Olczak’s Composition Master Classes,

2008 – 2011 [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] Gdańsk, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Instrumental Department,
Bachelor of Arts degree,

2005 – 2008 [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Kazimierz Jagiellończyk [STRIKE]Upper[/STRIKE] Secondary School, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] Sieradz,

2001 – 2007 The State Music School of 2nd degree (Polish Institute of Music) in Łódź,

1995 – 2001 The State Music School of 1st degree, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] Sieradz.

MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS

2004 - [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Laureate at the 2nd Polish Władysław Kędra Piano Competition in Łódź,

2003 - [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Laureate at the 19th International Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition for Children and Youth, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] Szafarnia.

EXPERIENCE

2013 - Grand Piano Teacher at the Henryk Wieniawski State Music School of Ist Degree, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] Gdańsk,

2010 - The “Impression” - released in cooperation with "Paris Music" - the production music library,

2004 - Participant [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in the 3rd International Master Course in the Interpretation of Fryderyk Chopin’s Works, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] Białystok.

OTHER SKILLS

- Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Sibelius software,
- Driver’s licence.

LANGUAGES

Polish – native,
English – full professional proficiency,
German – basic,
Ukrainian – basic.

INTERESTS

- [STRIKE]film and[/STRIKE] classical music, films, computer science, sport.

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Date of birth: 15 April 1989
Address: xxxx
Telephone number: xxxx
Email: xxxx
I could not understand the text highlighted in red.

Slawexsdz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Thank you very much for glancing through my CV :) I really appreciate it!

But I have few questions:
1. "The Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, in Gdańsk - the Instrumental Department,"

Why do you think that it is incorrect? Isn't it a proper noun for this academy?

2. "The Kazimierz Jagiellończyk Upper Secondary School, in Sieradz,"

What is the difference between "...school in Sieradz" or "...school, Sieradz"?

3. "The State Music School of 2nd degree (Polish Institute of Music) in Łódź,"

What is wrong with that? I don't understand...

4. Production music library

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_music

5. "Participant of in the 3rd International Master Course in the Interpretation of Fryderyk Chopin’s Works, in Białystok."

Why do you think that "in" would be better than "of" or "at" for example? Could you explain that?

6. "film and classical music, films, computer science, sport."

I don't mean "films" I mean " Film music".

Flogger

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
1. "The Stanisław Moniuszko Academy of Music, in Gdańsk - the Instrumental Department,"

Why do you think that it is incorrect? Isn't it a proper noun for this academy?

I found that using articles in English is not easy as it seems. I found some universities who have got "The" in their titles. Unfortunately @teechar didn't answer to your question but I hope this time he does that.

• The University of Sydney
• The University of Utah
The University of EdinburghThe University of EdinburghThe University of Edinburgh

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I found that using articles in English is not easy as it seems. I found some universities [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] that do have [STRIKE]got[/STRIKE] "The" in their titles. Unfortunately, @teechar didn't answer [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] your question, but I hope this time he/she does that.
Yes, it really depends on what the university/academy calls itself. Some do use "the" while others don't.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
3. "The State Music School of 2nd degree (Polish Institute of Music) in Łódź,"

What is wrong with that? I don't understand...

Does the full Polish title of the school translate to "The State Music School of 2nd Degree"?

Flogger

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
So, how do you know that a university cannot get an article? Is there a barometer for that?

In addition I have a question about "answer" which may seem irrelevant to the topic but it has haunted my mind.

According to Oxford, we have "answer to something" like:

Have you had an answer to your letter

but it also states that:

Note that you answer a person, question or letter, not answer to them, but you reply to somebody or something:I’m writing to answer your questions I’m writing to reply to your questions.[strike] I’m writing to answer to your questions. [/strike]

I finally didn't understand if I should use "answer" followed by the "to" or eliminate the preposition, would you please explain about it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.