Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello everyone.
If anyone kindly correct my state of interest, I would be so thankful.
If you have any suggestion to improve it, I would be so grateful to see that. ;-)

Dear Professor ----,

I’m writing to you regarding my strong interest in the PhD position in extraction processes or similar areas under your honorable supervision at University of ----. I am a graduate student in Chemical Engineering at University of ----. I have done my study under supervision of Dr. ---, Dr. --- and Dr. ---- in my bachelor's and master's degree.

In my BSc degree in University of ----, my supervisor was working on pulsed disc and doughnut extraction columns including the behavior of droplets and the effect of nano-particles on drops which was really interesting to me. Since then I have a strong passion in this area. consequently I decided to do my master's thesis with Dr. --- and Dr. --- who are the head of the department of --- and assistant head of the department. Personally, I spent around two years working on structuring a novel extraction column, research and conducting my experiments in a field that I have since discovered it is really my forte. These professors are already my referees and can explain you how eager I am.

I have done some research on the comparison of horizontal and vertical extraction columns and my thesis was the study of the effect of operating parameters on the mean drop size and drop size distribution in a novel horizontal-vertical pulsed plate column. I also studied the effect of the presence of mass transfer from dispersed phase to continuous phase on drop sizes as well as deriving correlations on the mean drop size and to predict distributions of drops. Moreover, my teammate was working on the effect of operating parameters on hold-up in the column and we conduct our experiments together. In addition, there were various kind of extractors in our laboratory including sieve-plate, packed, disc and doughnut, rotating-disk , mixer-settler extractor, and spray columns that I am roughly familiar with them.

My paper on prediction of the mean drop size and drop size distribution is about to submit. During my research I have red your publications on pulsed disc and doughnut extraction columns which were really interesting to me. According to them I am tended to e-mail you.
I have a really great passion to do experimental research in this kind of areas; therefore, I would be delighted to have a priceless opportunity to fulfill my dream at your research group, and I guarantee you I will do my best to succeed in my research.

Please take a close look at the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. I appreciate your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
My name

Last edited:

pouriatiz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello again.
Sorry for my long text.
I have added this paragraph at the end of it. Please emend it too.

I admit that because of my solid grades I would not be competitive for an scholarship in any university let alone at prestigious universities like the University of ---. However, there are not many researchers who investigate in this area and you are one of my strong hopes to work with. I would like to know if there is any chance for me to pursue my PhD at your research group. I can show you my capabilities, for example providing a proposal regarding an area of interest.

Thank you in advance.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Professor ----,

I’m writing to you regarding my strong interest in the PhD position in extraction processes or similar areas under your honorable supervision at the University of ----. I am a graduate student in Chemical Engineering at the University of ----. I have done my study under the supervision of Dr. ---, Dr. --- and Dr. ---- in my bachelor's and master's degrees.

In my BSc degree [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at the University of ----, my supervisor was working on pulsed disc and doughnut extraction columns, including the behavior of droplets and the effect of nano-particles on drops which was really interesting to me. Since then, I have developed a strong passion in this area. Consequently, I decided to do my master's thesis with Dr. --- and Dr. --- who are the head of the department of --- and assistant head of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] department, respectively. Personally, I spent around two years working on structuring a novel extraction column, researching and conducting my experiments in a field that I have since discovered [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] is really my forte. [STRIKE]These[/STRIKE] The above-mentioned professors are [STRIKE]already[/STRIKE] my referees and can explain you how [STRIKE]eager[/STRIKE] enthusiastic I am about my subject area.

I have done some research on [STRIKE]the comparison of[/STRIKE] comparing horizontal and vertical extraction columns, and my thesis was the study of the effect of operating parameters on the mean drop size and drop size distribution in a novel horizontal-vertical pulsed plate column. I also studied the effect of the presence of mass transfer from dispersed phase to continuous phase on drop sizes as well as deriving correlations on the mean drop size and [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] predicting distributions of drops. Moreover, my teammate was working on the effect of operating parameters on hold-up in the column, and we conducted our experiments together. In addition, there were various kinds of extractors in our laboratory, including sieve-plate, packed, disc and doughnut, rotating-disk, mixer-settler extractor, and spray columns that I am roughly familiar with. [STRIKE]them.[/STRIKE]

My paper on the prediction of the mean drop size and drop size distribution is about to be submitted for publication. [STRIKE]During[/STRIKE] As part of my research, I have read your publications on pulsed disc and doughnut extraction columns which were really interesting to me. [STRIKE]According to them I am tended to e-mail you.[/STRIKE] I have a really great passion to do experimental research in [STRIKE]this kind of[/STRIKE] these areas; therefore, I would be delighted to have [STRIKE]a priceless[/STRIKE] the opportunity to fulfill my dream [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] by joining your research group, and I guarantee you I will do my best to succeed in my research.

Please take a close look at the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. I appreciate your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
My name

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello again.
Sorry for my long text.
I have added this paragraph at the end of it. Please emend it too.

I admit that because of my solid grades I would not be competitive for an scholarship in any university let alone at prestigious universities like the University of ---. However, there are not many researchers who investigate in this area and you are one of my strong hopes to work with. I would like to know if there is any chance for me to pursue my PhD at your research group. I can show you my capabilities, for example providing a proposal regarding an area of interest.

Thank you in advance.
I don't think that's worth adding to your letter.

Slawexsdz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Please don't listen to "teechar". He makes a lot of mistakes and he is not able to correct you. My advice is, give this text to professional teacher because here nobody can help you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please don't listen to "teechar". He makes a lot of mistakes and he is not able to correct you. My advice is, give this text to professional teacher because here nobody can help you.

What makes you post such a bizarre, groundless and outlandish statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.