Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I made a short paragraphs which you can find below. I will appreciate if you can edit on it.

Thanks and best regards,

“History never repeats itself, WE repeat history”.

Had watched over half of the Sakay film depicting the life of the Filipino patriot: an instantaneous insight comes in my mind. Since time immemorial, disunity and discord had always been displayed among Filipinos. It’s an unfortunate reality that majority had sided the foreign tyranny offering gold and heaven than their countrymen who fought for freedom and for preservation of sovereignty. It’s seemed the so called heroes’ bravery and legacy had forgotten . Philippines has no glorious past. Its archipelagic location seems an epitome of division and disharmony among Filipinos.

Hence, it’s unsurprising that cheating and vote buying in every election has become prevalent because history speaks on it: the Tejeros Convention in 1897 where first election in the Philippine history was held had been tainted with fraud and quackery.

It’s easier said than done. What’s lacking on us is the “love” of our country. IF AND ONLY IF, everyone has love and concern of the country in its truest meaning from the very beginning (like our neighboring ASEAN countries wholeheartedly did notably Japan), then economic freedom has long been attained.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

I [STRIKE]made[/STRIKE] wrote a short [STRIKE]paragraphs[/STRIKE] passage which you can find below. I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] would appreciate if [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] someone can edit [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] it.

Thanks and best regards,

“History never repeats itself; we repeat history”.

[STRIKE] Had[/STRIKE] I watched over half of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] Sakay - a film depicting the life of the Filipino patriot and was inspired by it. [STRIKE]: an instantaneous insight comes in my mind.[/STRIKE] Since time immemorial, disunity and discord had always been [STRIKE]displayed[/STRIKE] the norm among Filipinos. It’s an unfortunate reality that majority had sided with the foreign tyranny offering gold and heaven rather than with their countrymen who fought for freedom and for [STRIKE]preservation of[/STRIKE] the sovereignty of their country. It [STRIKE]’s[/STRIKE] seems [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] the so-called heroes’ bravery and legacy had been forgotten. The Philippines has no glorious past. Its archipelagic [STRIKE]location seems an epitome of[/STRIKE] geography seems to epitomize the division and disharmony among Filipinos.

Hence, it’s unsurprising that cheating and vote buying in every election has become prevalent [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] as history attests. [STRIKE]speaks on it:[/STRIKE] The Tejeros Convention in 1897 where the first election in the Philippine's history was held [STRIKE]had been[/STRIKE] was tainted with fraud and quackery.

It’s easier said than done, but what’s lacking [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in us is [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] “love” [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] for our country. [STRIKE]IF AND ONLY IF,[/STRIKE] If and only if everyone has genuine love and concern [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] for the country [STRIKE]in its truest meaning from the very beginning ([/STRIKE] like our neighboring ASEAN countries wholeheartedly love their countries, [STRIKE]did notably Japan),[/STRIKE] then the Philippines will prosper as a country and our economy will thrive. [STRIKE]economic freedom has long been attained.[/STRIKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.