Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi my name is David, Thanks in advance.

Main information:

A website has asked readers to submit a review of a tourist destination that they have visited

The review should discuss both positive and negative aspects of the destination and should also suggest ways in wich it could be made more attractive to tourists

Review

The apartment I'd like to review was not only placed in the best part of the city but also close
to the beach. There were young people, most of them tourists, so if you want to improve your
English's skills you should give it a try.

Its address was "Cinema Street Number 2", I remember it quite well because I thought we
would have a cinema nearby. Anyway, as I was saying, as soon as we got to Valencia we found
the flat, easy peasy!. It had two pretty nice bedrooms, one bathroom, a medium living room
which shared space with the kitchen. It was like a typical american kitchen, where you could
pass the dishes to the living room by a huge window. It had, as well, a gorgeous balcony where
you could see a stunning landscape of the sea.

After few minutes we arrived, the neighbor rang on the door offering us a piece of cake as it
was his nephew's birthday, we got along quite well. Everything seemed to be perfect till the
night came and by the time we were going to sleep we realized our beds were broken apart,
both of them, ergo we ended up, refusing to sleep on the couch, having some beers at the
Main Square. I get to say that night was one of my best night ever! The atmosphere was
super and the people was very nice.

To conclude, If you ask me if I would come back, maybe I'll answer yes. But I wouldn't
recommend the apartment to anyone, although I had a great time . My advice to the landlord
would be to repair the apartment's furniture, as well as the lift, Though we didn't use it. I'm
glad I decided to go, but next time I'd rather go to the mountain than go to the beach.

kindest regards.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi my name is David. Thanks.

Main information:

A website has asked readers to submit reviews of tourist destinations that they have visited.

The review should discuss both positive and negative aspects of the destination and should also suggest ways in which it could be made more attractive to tourists.

Review

The apartment I'm reviewing was not only placed in the best part of the city but also close
to the beach. There were young people, most of them tourists, so if you want to improve your
English skills, you should give it a try.

Its address was "Cinema Street Number 2", [In American English, the comma would go before the quotation mark.] I remember it quite well because I thought we
would have a cinema nearby. Anyway, as I was saying, as soon as we got to Valencia we found
the flat, easy peasy! It had two pretty nice bedrooms, one bathroom, and a medium-size living room
which shared space with the kitchen. It was like a typical American kitchen, where you could
pass the dishes to the living room by a huge window. It had, as well, a gorgeous balcony where
you could see a stunning landscape of the sea.

A few minutes after we arrived, the neighbor rang on the door offering us a piece of cake, as it
was his nephew's birthday. We got along quite well. Everything seemed to be perfect till the
night came. By the time we were going to sleep we realized our beds were broken apart,
both of them, ergo, refusing to sleep on the couch, we ended up having some beers at the
main square. I must say, that night was one of my best nights ever! The atmosphere was
super and the people was very nice.

To conclude, If you ask me if I would go back, maybe I'd answer yes. But I wouldn't
recommend the apartment to anyone, although I had a great time. [no space before the period] My advice to the landlord
would be to repair the apartment's furniture, as well as the lift, though we didn't use it. I'm
glad I decided to go, but next time I'd rather go to the mountains than go to the beach.

Kindest regards.

You're welcome!

worledit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Thanks a lot!

It seems like I need to learn up the punctuation marks. I've got many mistakes.

About the beginning why is wrong to start with " The apartment I'd like to review" instead of "The apartment I'm reviewing"
It sounds better for my as I put it.

And what is your opinion about the review? I'm going to take the CAE exam in July. I'll be grateful for any comments or corrections

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks a lot!

It seems like I need to [STRIKE]learn up[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] study punctuation. [STRIKE]marks.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]I've got[/STRIKE] I made many mistakes.

[STRIKE]About[/STRIKE] With regard to the beginning, why is it wrong to start with "The apartment I'd like to review" instead of "The apartment I'm reviewing"?
It sounds better [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to my as I put it.

And what is your opinion about the review? I'm going to take the CAE exam in July. I'll be grateful for any comments or corrections.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your help.

Note my corrections above.

I have no problem with your original "The apartment I'm reviewing" although I wouldn't bother with it. If you're writing a review for a specific apartment, that will be clear from the post. You don't need to identify it again. Just start with "The apartment is centrally located ...".

Status
Not open for further replies.