Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
1-28-Remote-Control-Car-Ferrari-266-07-.jpg

This remote control controls the car. Flick this lever up and the car will go forwards. Flick it down and the car will go backwards. This lever right here makes the car turn left or right. Flick it to the left, the car goes left. Flick it to the right, it turns right.

No, don't let the car hit the wall. As the car's going forward, pull this lever back down before it hits something. When it's going backwards, push it back up before it hits something too.

See this? When you flick this lever left or right, the front wheels move. You flick this switch if you want to steer the car to the left or the right. It's your steering wheel.

It's going to hit the leg of the chair! Pull back the lever! Don't let your car keep on hitting things. It might get broken. Look, one of the headlights isn't working anymore.

You can make the car go slow by pushing the lever just a little bit. You're pushing it all the way up that's why it's going so fast. Try pushing it just a little bit and you'll see it won't go as fast.

Yes, it's a bit disorienting when it's heading towards you. It turns left when you're trying to turn it right. But really, it's turning to its right. You have to remember that that is his right. It's okay, just keep on practicing and you'll get good at it.

Corrections?

curiousmarcus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Does no reply mean I got it all right?

curiousmarcus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
To moderators: Why did my topic get moved to Editing & Writing? I was talking to my son. I just wanted to know if I said it all right, because I had a tough time explaining all that.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your instructions are very good. I wouldn't change anything.

I often move a thread when I consider it to be specific to the poster rather than of interest to learners in general.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The only thing I would change is in the last paragraph. Say:

You have to remember that that is ITS right.

(I just now saw this one, and I have only read it once.)

Status
Not open for further replies.