• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

taken along,

The population growth problem should be resolved as soon as possible. Thus, appropriate measures should be taken along, for example, governments must educate people to limit the size of the family. One of them is to give more financial benefits to families of only one child than to families of more than one child.
    1. Can you add "along" to "take measures"?
    2. Can "for example," connect two sentences?3. I think "financial" is better than "economic" for "benefits". Isn't it?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: taken along,

Quote Originally Posted by keannu View Post
    The population growth problem should be resolved as soon as possible. Thus, appropriate measures should be taken. For example, governments must educate people to limit the size of the family. One way [Them made no sense because it wasn't clear what it referred to.] is to give more financial benefits to families of only one child than to families of more than one child.
    1. Can you add "along" to "take measures"? No. We take things along with us. What we take along accompanies us.

- When I travel, I take along something to read.
    - When you go to the zoo, may I come along?

2. Can "for example," connect two sentences?3. I think "financial" is better than "economic" for "benefits". Isn't it? I agree. But economic is okay there, too.
    I hope that helps!
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.