Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hi,
Is indirect speech in precis writing indispensable?
which tense should I use while precis writing? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Whether you need to use indirect speech in a precis depends upon what is in the original passage.
I would generally use the same tense as in the original.

Steel Nerves

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Whether you need to use indirect speech in a precis depends upon what is in the original passage.
I would generally use the same tense as in the original.
ok. thank you. but my passage is in passive voice. kindly tell me why passage is in passive voice. may i send you the passage? We are told by some ancient authors that socrated was instructed in eloquence by a woman.I have indeed very often looken upon that art as the most proper for the female sex and I think the universities would do well to consider whether they should not fill the rhetoric hairs with she-professors.It has been said in the praise of some men that they could talk whole hour together upon anything, but it must be owned to the honour of the other sex, that there are many among them who an talk whole hours together upon nothing

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
We are told by some ancient authors that socrated was instructed in eloquence by a woman.I have indeed very often looken upon that art as the most proper for the female sex and I think the universities would do well to consider whether they should not fill the rhetoric hairs with she-professors.It has been said in the praise of some men that they could talk whole hour together upon anything, but it must be owned to the honour of the other sex, that there are many among them who an talk whole hours together upon nothing

I suggest you check your writing before posting as there are many basic errors. They are as follows:
- Start a sentence with a capital letter.
- End a sentence with a full-stop.
- Allow a space after a full-stop.

I find the parts underlined above problematic and need to be corrected or rephrased.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
ok. thank you. but my passage is in passive voice. kindly tell me why passage is in passive voice.
The passage isn't in the passive voice. Some of the sentences are. That's neither here nor there.

Status
Not open for further replies.