Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    73,289

    Irregular Verb list

    Check irregular verbs here. There is a complete list available to members here. You can also download a free list here.
    Last edited by Red5; 10-Sep-2006 at 19:49. Reason: Modified link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2

    Re: Irregular Verb list

    Hi I am Sanjoy (35 year old) from India, I am very happy due to connected you. My only dream in life to learn correct English. I live at a remote place at West-Bengal in India but I hope it possible with your friendly helps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: Irregular Verb list

    I've just signed up, hoping to view the full list of irregular verbs. But I still just have the usual 212. How do I access these?

    Despite the post at the top of this thread, both links given lead to the same page.

  4. #4
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,546

    Re: Irregular Verb list

    There may be as many as 616 irregular verbs, but all of the most common ones (and some not so common ones) are on the list. Some of the most commonly used verbs are irregular verbs (be, sit, run, etc.). It is best to become familiar with them, because you will run across them often. Forms of the verb to be, for example, are used quite often. Also, once you learn the main form of the verb you will know how to use its variations. (For example, run is used to form outrun and overrun.)

    ~R

  5. #5
    Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,812

    Re: Irregular Verb list

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi View Post
    Despite the post at the top of this thread, both links given lead to the same page.
    Thank you for pointing that out. I've corrected the link.

  6. #6
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,546

    Re: Irregular Verb list

    Thanks, Red! That's quite a thorough list. (I'd never even heard of "behight" before, and I don't remember the last time I "begirded" something. )


  7. #7
    ashy0107 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up Re: Irregular Verb list

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi View Post
    I've just signed up, hoping to view the full list of irregular verbs. But I still just have the usual 212. How do I access these?

    Despite the post at the top of this thread, both links given lead to the same page.
    Here you can find complete 638 English Irregular verbs List.
    http://pasttenses.com/irregular-verbs-list

  8. #8
    rogercastao is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Irregular Verb list

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjoy View Post
    Hi I am Sanjoy (35 year old) from India, I am very happy due to connected you. My only dream in life to learn correct English. I live at a remote place at West-Bengal in India but I hope it possible with your friendly helps.
    hi, my name is Roger, I live in brazil, I have a dream too, Id like to visit India, I want to do missions there!!!!!

  9. #9
    Teia is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Romanian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,953

    Re: Irregular Verb list

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Check irregular verbs here. There is a complete list available to members here. You can also download a free list here.

    Hi Tdol

    Thank you very much for helping us. This is a very good list. I have some other lists of irregular verbs. In my lists there are some verbs which are not in the list you have provided ; for instance : hew. Is this verb considered a regular or an irregular verb?
    As far as I know, "hew" has two forms in the past participle :hewed /hewn. Which one shall I use ? Are these two forms interchangeable or should I use them differently? What contexts?

    Thank you very much in advance.
    All the best,

    Teia
    Last edited by Teia; 10-Sep-2006 at 21:47.

  10. #10
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,546

    Re: Irregular Verb list

    Quote Originally Posted by teia_petrescu View Post
    Hi Tdol

    Thank you very much for helping us. This is a very good list. I have some other lists of irregular verbs. In my lists there are some verbs which are not in the list you have provided ; for instance : hew. Is this verb considered a regular or an irregular verb?
    As far as I know, "hew" has two forms in the past participle :hewed /hewn. Which one shall I use ? Are these two forms interchangeable or should I use them differently? What contexts?
    Since you can say either "had hewed" or "had hewn" you may use either one and you don't have to use "hew" as an irregular verb. You may ignore the irregular form if you wish. (In fact, I recommend it.)

    ~R

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •