Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have to write an appraisal report on a new coming staff, which I am totally unfamiliar with. Can anybody help me correct the report? Thank you.

Tommy had joined our team under the mentorship of Donald since 25.12.2015 and I had regular telephone conversations and face-to-face discussions with him every day and I was very impressed by his overall work performance during the appraisal period.Tommy was responsible for managing nearly 50000 square meters of our company premises and leading 12 nos. of frontline staff and it, to be fair, had never been an easy task for a veteran staff, let alone an inexperienced one like Tommy himself. To our excitement, Tommy adapted to his duties far more quicker than we first expected and he had started developing his expertise in managing the large number of premises and large group of subordinates.

General speaking, Tommy's work effectiveness and efficiency were remarkable, whenever asked to follow the seniors' orders, even those of great urgency, Tommy always reacted quickly by delegating his subordinates to follow the tasks or handling these in person and swiftly provided the seniors with accurate and detailed report about the cases. Tommy, previously worked as managerial officers in several logistic companies, was excelled in man management, he skillfully supervised the performance of the contracting company staff as well as that of contracted staff from public organizations working in our company premises and advised them to make suitable improvement and rectification in case of faults found. On the other hand, he was not hesitate to impose appropriate warning and punishment to those who committed repeated or fatal mistakes. Indeed, Tommy's pragmatic management approach really helped our company sustain quality services to our customers.

On handling customers' complaints cases and improvement works on our facilities, Tommy, with his strong interpersonal skills and managerial skills, was capable of completing all the assigned inspections effectively and timely, with the provision of clear and concise progress reports and investigation reports, which was crucial for our company to make accurate enhancement and quickly address the needs of our customers. Moreover, as the trees management had become a hot topic in society and there were a great deal of trees surrounding our premises needed to be well maintained, Tommy, having recently come through 2 nos. of trees management courses recommended by our company, made full us of what he learnt from the courses and attentively scrutinized all the trees during his daily inspections in the premises. In fact, had he never immediately informed the seniors of the defective trees found in the premises and conducted subsequent suitable remedial works, those trees would have posed a significant threat to the safety in our company premises and even caused great damages to our lives and properties. Tommy was known for being a good team player and an enthusiastic learner. He always showed his willingness to ask for advice from his experienced colleagues and seniors when dealing with complicated tasks and he proactively read through the relevant guidelines as well as enrolled in duties-related training courses held by the Training Section, in order to dramatically enhance his work efficiency and effectiveness. Likewise, because of his outgoing personality and helpful manner, Tommy always showed his helping hand to the colleagues who were in difficulties and he had maintained very harmonic relationship with all his colleagues and even the customers at all.To conclude, I was fortunate to have worked alongside an industrious, reliable and competent staff like Tommy and I totally agreed with the assessment made by the recommending officer on Tommy. Tommy was undoubtedly a young talent with immense potential and I trusted that if he try further harder to explore the knowledge and skills in this field such as by enrolling in more relevant training courses and taking part in different types of work projects, he would become a highly competent leisure services manager in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Tommy [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] joined our team and has been under the mentorship of Donald since 25.12.2015. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I have since had regular telephone conversations and face-to-face discussions with him every day, and I [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] am very impressed by his overall work performance during the appraisal period.
Tommy [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] has been responsible for managing nearly 50000 square meters of our company premises and leading 12 [STRIKE]nos.[/STRIKE] of our frontline staff, [STRIKE]and it,[/STRIKE] which to be fair, [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] has never been an easy task for a veteran staff, let alone [STRIKE]an inexperienced one[/STRIKE] a new one like Tommy himself. To our excitement, Tommy adapted to his duties far more [STRIKE]quicker[/STRIKE] quickly than we first expected, and he [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] has started developing his expertise in managing the large number of premises and large group of subordinates.

Generally speaking, Tommy's work effectiveness and efficiency [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] have been remarkable, as whenever asked to follow the seniors' orders, even those of great urgency, Tommy always reacted quickly by delegating the tasks appropriately to his subordinates [STRIKE]to follow the tasks[/STRIKE] or handling these in person and swiftly provided the seniors with accurate and detailed reports about the cases. Tommy, previously worked [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] in various managerial roles [STRIKE]officers[/STRIKE] in several logistic companies. He [STRIKE]was excelled in man[/STRIKE] excellent with people management, and he has skillfully supervised the performance of the contracting company staff as well as that of contracted staff from public organizations working in our company premises and advised them to make suitable improvements and rectifications in case of faults found. On the other hand, he [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] would not hesitate to [STRIKE]impose[/STRIKE] issue appropriate warning and penalties [STRIKE]punishment[/STRIKE] to those who commit [STRIKE]ted[/STRIKE] repeated or [STRIKE]fatal[/STRIKE] grave mistakes. Indeed, Tommy's pragmatic management approach has really helped our company sustain providing quality services to our customers.

On handling customers' complaints cases and improvement works on our facilities, Tommy, with his strong interpersonal skills and managerial skills, was capable of completing all the assigned inspections effectively and in a timely manner, with the provision of clear and concise progress reports and investigation reports, which was crucial for our company to make accurate enhancement and quickly address the needs of our customers. Moreover, as [STRIKE][STRIKE]the trees management had become a hot topic in society and[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] there were a great deal of trees surrounding our premises that needed to be well maintained, Tommy, having recently [STRIKE]come through 2 nos. of[/STRIKE] completed two tree-management courses recommended by our company, [STRIKE]made full[/STRIKE] informed us of what he learnt from the courses and attentively [STRIKE]scrutinized[/STRIKE] monitored all the trees during his daily inspections [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of the premises. In fact, had he [STRIKE]never[/STRIKE] not immediately informed the seniors of the [STRIKE]defective[/STRIKE] problems with the trees [STRIKE]found in[/STRIKE] on the premises and conducted subsequent suitable remedial works, those trees would have posed a significant threat to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] safety [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on our [STRIKE]company[/STRIKE] premises and even caused great damage to our lives and properties.
Tommy [STRIKE]was known for being[/STRIKE] is a good team player and an enthusiastic learner. He always shows [STRIKE]ed his[/STRIKE] willingness to ask for advice from his experienced colleagues and seniors when dealing with complicated tasks and he proactively reads through the relevant guidelines as well as [STRIKE]enrolled[/STRIKE] participates in duties-related training courses held by the Training Section, in order to dramatically enhance his work efficiency and effectiveness. Likewise, because of his outgoing personality and helpful manner, Tommy always [STRIKE]showed his[/STRIKE] offers a helping hand to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] colleagues [STRIKE]who were[/STRIKE] in difficulties, and he [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] has maintained a very [STRIKE]harmonic[/STRIKE] harmonious relationship with all his colleagues and [STRIKE]even the[/STRIKE] customers. [STRIKE]at all.[/STRIKE]

To conclude, I [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] have beenfortunate to have worked alongside an industrious, reliable and competent staff member like Tommy, and I totally agree with the assessment made by the recommending officer [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] regarding Tommy. Tommy [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] is undoubtedly a young and talented person with immense potential, and I trust [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] that if he tries [STRIKE]further[/STRIKE] harder to explore the knowledge and skills in this field such as by enrolling in more relevant training courses and taking part in different types of work projects, he would become a highly competent leisure-services manager in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.