Student or Learner
"If somebody is watching TV and that person is watching a movie and I want to watch match, and I want him to change the channel, so that I can watch match, could you please tell me what is the way to say it?"
"I told my friend that yesterday I was getting bored there was nothing on TV to watch and there was a weird movie on TV as I didn't have anything to do so I watched that movie".
"What time is NEWS/cartoons/wrestling on TV or is broadcasted on TV?"
"This programme is shown at this time daily on this channel".
All these questions were related so I put them in one post but I will bear this in mind in the future that I have to post one question under one thread.
Could you please answer my first question as well "what is the way to ask somebody to change channel?" And it wouldn't be incorrect to say "what time is NEWS on TV, right? We can leave out TV but using it is not incorrect, am I correct?
- Let's change the channel. I want to watch sports for a while.
- Can we switch channels? There's a game on I want to see.
- How about changing the channel so we can watch sports?
- Can we watch something else? Sports would be good.
- Would you please put on sports for a while?
- Do you mind if we watch a sports channel for a while?
- Would you mind if we tried some other stations to see if any good games are on?
- You've been watching this for a long time. It's my turn. Let's watch sports!
- This movie is terrible! There must be a good game on somewhere.
- This is boring! How can you stand watching it when there are so many great sports channels to choose from?
Last edited by Charlie Bernstein; 18-May-2016 at 14:21.
I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.
"Could you please switch to sports/cartoon channel" or "I switched to ABC channel" is it also correct?
"After superman series, there was justice league on TV so I watched justice league".
Last edited by tufguy; 19-May-2016 at 06:57.