Interested in Language
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Poland
Hello.
Could you help me and check my sentences? Thank you in advance for help! Edit:3 sentences

1)Norwegian black metal music became popular all over world. There is a few good books about the history of black metal which was released during past years which I also recommend.

2)I'm listening to Black Metal over 10 years and after my research here in Norway I can write only one thing: Black metal is something distinctive and strong, something that gives me a sense of belonging to certain group of people. Fast, diverse and above all bleak and godless. Norwegian black metal scene became more powerful, better and more magical than any other genre in this world.

3)Characteristic for this genre is corpse paint, black clothes, wearing occultist and pagan symbols such as pentagram, Thor's hammer or Celtic crucifixes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello.
Could you help me [strike]and[/strike] by checking my sentences? Thank you in advance for your help! [STRIKE]Edit:3 sentences[/STRIKE]

1) Norwegian black metal music [STRIKE]became[/STRIKE] has become popular all over the world. There [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are a few good books about the history of black metal which [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] have been released during the past few years which I [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] recommend that you read.

2) [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE][STRIKE]'m[/STRIKE] I have been listening to Black Metal for over 10 years and after my research here in Norway I can write only one thing: black metal is [STRIKE]something[/STRIKE] distinctive and strong; [STRIKE]something that[/STRIKE] it gives me a sense of belonging to a certain group of people. It is fast, diverse and, above all, bleak and godless. The Norwegian black metal scene [STRIKE]became[/STRIKE] has become more powerful, better and more magical than any other genre in this world.

3) Characteristics [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] of this genre [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are wearing corpse paint, black clothes, and [STRIKE]wearing[/STRIKE] occultist and pagan symbols such as the pentagram, Thor's hammer [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] and Celtic crucifixes.

See my suggested changes above.

For something apparently so globally popular, I'm surprised I've never heard of it. ;-)

One more thing - your piece says "my research here in Norway". That suggests you are currently in Norway. Your member profile shows that you are in Poland. If you are in Norway, please amend your profile. If you're in Poland, remove the word "here" from the sentence I quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.