Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi!
I'm working on my CAE preparation and I wrote this reviews for two hotels in Naples.
Here is the task:
"HOTELS NEAR ME
We'd like to know what local people think of different hotels in their area, so we're opening a section written by local people to help visitors to choose the hotel which suits them best.
Send us a review which recommends tho hotels in your area for two different types of visitor and says what sort of visitor each hotel would suit and why".

HERE IS MY REVIEW

Naples has seen a dramatically increasing number of tourists in the last three years. In the past, the city a was popular destination mainly for adventurous travelers on a budget, but nowadays it also attracts many wealthier tourists arriving by cruise ships. The two hotels I recommend here cater for these two different types of visitor.

La Controra is a small hotel situated in the centre of the city. It is just a 10-minute walk away from the main touristic attractions. It offers single and double rooms but also dorms, for those traveling on a really tight budget. There is a free wifi connection and a spacious common room where it is possible to meet other travelers.
Also, sometimes local bands play live at the hotel, which makes it very suitable for those who want to discover the lively Neapolitan musical scene. On the other hand, for this reason I would not recommend the hotel to light sleepers.
As for the staff, they are very friendly and competent: not only they know a lot about the most touristic aspects of the city but also about parties and social events.

Via dei Mille is probably the fanciest street in Naples, with its expensive boutiques and gourmet restaurants, and with one of the best hotels in the city: the Romeo Mare.
This hotel ranks as a 5-Star L, where L stands for luxury. It is in a very ancient building, refurbished with modern details. The rooms are very airy and each one of them has a window facing the sea.
Furthermore, a Michelin restaurant allows the guests to taste the best dishes of the Neapolitan cuisine. This hotel is the perfect choice for wealthy tourists who want to get the most out of their stay in Naples. Its top class facilities together with an internationally awarded staff make it ideal for those who can afford the expensive fare of its suites.

As you can see, these hotels are perfect for two different categories of tourists. However hundreds of hotels can be found in Naples, a very beautiful and charming city which I'm sure you'll fall in love with.

///
Thanks in advance for your help!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Naples has seen a dramatic [STRIKE]ally[/STRIKE] increase [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] in the number of tourists in the last three years. In the past, the city was a popular destination mainly for adventurous travelers on a budget, but nowadays it also attracts many wealthier tourists arriving [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] on cruise ships. The two hotels I recommend here cater for these two different types of visitor.

La Controra is a small hotel situated in the centre of the city. It is just a 10-minute walk away from the main tourist [STRIKE]ic[/STRIKE] attractions. It offers single and double rooms but also dorms, for those traveling on a really tight budget. There is free Wi-Fi [STRIKE]connection[/STRIKE] and a spacious common room where it is possible to meet other travelers.
Also, sometimes local bands play live at the hotel, which makes it very suitable for those who want to discover the lively Neapolitan musical scene. On the other hand, for this reason I would not recommend the hotel to light sleepers.
As for the staff, they are very friendly and competent - not only do they know a lot about the [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] touristic aspects of the city but also about parties and social events.

Via dei Mille is probably the fanciest street in Naples, with its expensive boutiques and gourmet restaurants, and with one of the best hotels in the city, the Romeo Mare.
This hotel ranks as a 5-Star L, where L stands for luxury. It is in a very [STRIKE]ancient[/STRIKE] old building, refurbished with modern details. The rooms are very airy, and each one of them has a window facing the sea.
Furthermore, a Michelin restaurant allows the guests to taste the best dishes of the Neapolitan cuisine. This hotel is the perfect choice for wealthy tourists who want to get the most out of their stay in Naples. Its top-class facilities together with [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] its internationally [STRIKE]awarded[/STRIKE] recognized staff make it ideal for those who can afford the expensive fare of its suites.

As you can see, these hotels are perfect for two different categories of tourists. However hundreds of hotels can be found in Naples, the very beautiful and charming city which I'm sure you'll fall in love with.

Sudsette

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi teechar! Thanks a lot for your corrections! Apparently they're mainly minor mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.