• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Twi
      • Home Country:
      • Ghana
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Complaints letter

I applied for my citizenship back in October last year and it was successful in March this year. My uncle pass away and I want to go home to Africa, so I made numerous phone calls to the home office to return my passport and the original documents as a Matt of urgency, but they haven't done that. I have also written to then twice but still nothing. Now I want to write a complaint letter to them.
    Could you please help me to write the letter. Thank u

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Complaints letter

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla View Post
    I applied for my British citizenship back in October last year and it was successful in March this year. My uncle has passed away and I want to go home to Africa - so I have made numerous phone calls to the Home Office asking them to return my passport and the original documents as a Matt matter of urgency, but they haven't done that so. I have also written to then them twice but still nothing. Now I want to write a complaint letter to them.
    Could you please help me to write the letter? Thank u you.
    Note my corrections above. We don't write letters for people here. Try to write the letter yourself, post it in the Editing and Writing Topics section and we can have a look at it.

Have you received any acknowledgement at all of your letters? When did you send them? What were you told when you phoned them? I have some experience with the Home Office in the UK - you need to be aware that their backlog of letters and requests is absolutely enormous. It is not unusual for it to take over six months for passports and supporting documents to be returned to applicants, even after citizenship has been granted. If you were only advised in March that your application had been successful, there is very little chance that your passport will yet have been endorsed with the relevant stamp.

Out of curiosity, which passport are you waiting for? Are you talking about your original (non-British) passport or are you waiting for your new British passport to be sent through to you?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.