Oath-taking write-up for new students

• Thread starter Composer
  • Start date
  • Views : 50,431
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Composer

I have prepared an oath-taking write-up for my school ( new students ).
I need to fine-tune grammatical structures of the text if there are mistakes.
In the name of universal understanding that depicts freedom ; and in the name of God that depicts power; we , the new pupils of KK School hereby pledge that :
a, We will truly and consciously manifest to uphold the good name of our school at all times ;
b. We will strive for academic excellence through perseverence, boundless energy and relentless commitmment;
c. We will maintain our strong character and moral values that stand on the pillar of respect, mutual understanding and love ;
d. We will never let our emotions to creep into harshness, hostility, animosity and prejudice ;
AND LASTLY ,
e. We espouse the laws of this country without fail.

Mister Micawber

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Japan
The supplications to freedom and to God are far too strong for school children, and E is not within the bounds of the responsibilities of a student. I would suggest a more modest approach and simpler strictures:

We, the new pupils of KK School hereby pledge that:

a. We will truly and conscientiously uphold the good name of our school at all times;
b. We will strive for academic excellence through perseverence, boundless energy and relentless commitment;
c. We will maintain our strong character and moral values based on respect, mutual understanding and brotherly love;
d. We will never let our emotions degenerate into harshness, hostility, animosity or prejudice; and
e. We espouse the school regulations without exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.