[Grammar] Please help me to correct these sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi guys, I'm learning English and I'm newcomer here. Could you please take a look at my sentences below and tell me if they are right in grammar. I also wonder if they are natural (in the way of native people). Please advise if there is something wrong or freaky. Thanks in advance.

"There are some couples that are so cute, but unluckily, do not exist in the same host at the same time. People who always smile may be not friendly at the same time. People who are always friendly may be not kind at the same time. People who are always kind may be not honest at the same time. And people who are always honest do not exist in this true life. Finally, the faker is always always fake. And you don't need to be surprised, really."

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi guys, I'm learning English and I'm a newcomer here. Could you please take a look at my sentences below and tell me if they are grammatically right. [STRIKE]in grammar.[/STRIKE] I also wonder if they are natural ([STRIKE]in the way of[/STRIKE] for native [STRIKE]people[/STRIKE] speakers). Please advise if there is [STRIKE]something[/STRIKE] anything wrong [STRIKE]or freaky[/STRIKE] with them. Thanks in advance.

"There are some very cute couples [STRIKE]that are so cute,[/STRIKE] but, [STRIKE]unluckily[/STRIKE] unfortunately, do not exist in the same host at the same time (the underlined part does not make sense). People who always smile [STRIKE]may[/STRIKE] might [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] not be friendly at the same time. People who are always friendly [STRIKE]may[/STRIKE] might [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] not be kind at the same time. People who are always kind [STRIKE]may[/STRIKE] might [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] not be honest at the same time. And people who are always honest do not really exist. [STRIKE]in this true life.[/STRIKE] Finally, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] fakers [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are always [STRIKE]always[/STRIKE] fake. [STRIKE]And you don't need to be surprised, really.[/STRIKE] This really shouldn't surprise you.

See above. I've corrected the grammar as much as I can but it's an odd paragraph. I don't see any connection between your opening sentence (about couples) and the next few sentences.

Keyn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thank you so much for your help.
You're right, my sentences lack of connection and they cause some confusions for readers (include me, by the way). I hope to be guided a better way to express my thoughts. When I wrote "couples", I aimed those: to smile-to be friendly; to be friendly-to be kind, to be kind- to be honest. You know, they often go with together, right? But sometimes they do not. Because some people could fake them.
The "host" I mentioned is an....hmmm, I don't know for sure, it might be an object/a person or something like that. At this time, I really have no idea about the reason I chose that word (host).
What I really want to say is about people's performance in front of others. Would you give me some advice?
Many thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.