Talking emotional attachment????

I have several questions about the following sentneces,which is about how to make your relationship work. Please help me !!!!!!!!

a. Love has a much better chance to be realized if you make some of your choices mentally, as well as by emotional attachment and chemistry.
    what does this test mean? Can you paraphrase this for me?( especailly what does it mean by chemistry?)

b.Choose commitments both with the "parent" or judgemental thinking method: and the "child" or romantic, turned on, chemistry method.
    Again what does this text mean? ( what does it mean by commitments, turned on, chemistry method?)

c.I call this choosing from the neck up, as well as from the neck down. what does this mean?

please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by bosunyum; 24-Jun-2006 at 04:35.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: emotional attachment????

a. Love has a much better chance to be realized if you make some of your choices mentally, as well as by emotional attachment and chemistry.

People have a better chance of falling in love if they use their brains and think logically, rather than relying on emotions or feelings. "Chemistry" is a sort of instant attraction that people sometimes feel towards one another, but it is not always a reliable way to determine if you are compatible with the other person.

b.Choose commitments both with the "parent" or judgemental thinking method: and the "child" or romantic, turned on, chemistry method.
    Again what does this text mean? ( what does it mean by commitments, turned on, chemistry method?)

This point delves into psychology, and the idea that everyone has a part of the brain that acts with logic and reason - the "parent." Another part of the brain acts upon emotions and makes spur-of-the-moment decisions; that is the "child." The phrase in question advises people to use both parts of their brain when making a commitment to a relationship. That is, when choosing a life partner, don't rely strictly on emotions and feelings, use the logic part of your brain as well.

c.I call this choosing from the neck up, as well as from the neck down. what does this mean?

"Choosing from the neck up" means using the brain when making a choice. "From the neck down" means making a choice based strictly on feelings or emotions. (Quite often men are accused of "thinking" with their private parts, meaning they choose women based strictly upon sexual attraction, and not by using their brains and deciding whether or not they really have any common interests with the woman.)