How do you write your address in a letter\CV when your location is between 2 streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeron

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello everyone ;
I'd be very grateful if you could help me with this :
I'm writing a letter , and I'm not sure if this is the correct way to write my address :
You see , my house is located between two streets (or avenues , not sure what to call it) : house number 5 between 16th and 14th Brown street . The street's name is Brown , and my location is between 16th and 14th , exactly at the side of the main street . I looked for a proper example and didn't find one . How am I supposed to write my address ? "Between 14th and 16th Brown st." sounds TOO wrong .
My second question is about the house number : Which one , if any , is correct ?
*** St. ,#5
No. 5 *** St.
Number 5 *** Street

I'd really appreciate your help , hope I explained everything clearly enough !

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Is your house on the corner? This kind of address wouldn't happen where I come from, so I am struggling to imagine what it is, though I have lived in a country where addresses were sometimes given as being on the corner between two roads.

Aeron

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
When you receive letters, how are they addressed?

The problem is , the letters I receive are addressed in my native language , and I have no difficulty writing my address in Farsi .

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
That looks like 5 Brown Street to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.