[Essay] Please give me feedback on my essay! Any type of feedback is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton25

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Relationship is a complex process. It consists of and depends on a lot of different components. Things like common interests and values, common views, mutual understanding, sympathy, they all plays a role in building and maintaining firm relationships. Nonetheless, I believe that being honest and always telling the truth is the single most important quality in any relationship.

First and foremost, honesty is the basement of candid relationships. If you’re not telling the truth about your feelings and intentions to the person who you have a relationship with, then this relationship is not real. If one of the partners is being shady and dishonest, it makes relationships fake and shallow. Moreover, it makes a real connection between two partners impossible. For instance, my close friend was dating a girl for years and it seemed like they had a perfect relationship and mutual love, but ones he lost his well-paid job and faced some financial difficulties she lost interest in him and left almost immediately. It turned out to be that she was with him only because of his money and social status, but was telling him otherwise the whole time. They probably would never be together if she told him about her actual intentions since the very beginning. This demonstrates how a whole long-term relationship can be not real if someone is hiding the truth.

What is more, without truth and honesty other qualities of partners and their relationships lose their meaning. Obviously, it does not matter how much common interests, views, values or other things you seem to share together if it is simply not true. Sometimes people try to pretend for whatever reason that they love their partners or have a lot in common with them. And it can be actually enjoyable and can feel good to be with the person who fakes his feelings towards you, but deep down you will never be satisfied with semi-real relationships.

All in all, people certainly can have relationships even if they lie all the time and not telling about their true feeling and intentions, however, these types or relationships are not genuine and, as a result, not real. What’s more, they completely lose their meaning.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When are you going to submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

Status
Not open for further replies.