• British English
      • Home Country:
      • Europe
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Re: Trolling & Disabling

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    There were attempts to make four:

Sorry, I am confused. Are you saying there were four? Or should I say "Aren't you saying there were four?" And what is the answer to each of those if there were four? Is it 'Yes there are, No there aren't, Yes there aren't or No, There are?

And let's not forget Nightright, when you asked the same thing in January

Can you clarify that you are saying the same thing was asked in January? This is very confusing.

2. Banned
    Teacher (Other)
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Piscean View Post

Sorry, I am confused. Are you saying there were four? Or should I say "Aren't you saying there were four?" And what is the answer to each of those if there were four? Is it 'Yes there are, No there aren't, Yes there aren't or No, There are?

Can you clarify that you are saying the same thing was asked in January? This is very confusing.

Well, it's easy to make fun of me in fear of never see a beloved family member again, but I think if you were in the situation you would also be a bit paranoid and would love to get help. :/

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

It is hard to believe that your chances of seeing a family member again depend so entirely on the answer to (or asking of) a negative question.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

4. Banned
    Teacher (Other)
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Well, the story of Cathy in a forum is the only trace I have of the person since a very long time. So I would like to know if my family member is a friend of Cathy or if it's not him. Unfortunately I cannot reach her anymore.

So can't you help me to get the meaning of Cathy's answer?
    Bryan (sending a low resolution photo): Is that an old photo of your friend?
    Cathy: No, but can you send me a larger picture?
    Bryan (sending a higher resolution of the photo): Okay, I always need to think about that person on the picture, who I thought was your friend. But they are not the same then.
    Cathy (looks closer): No they aren't.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Your queries about this need to continue in your other thread HERE. It is not appropriate for the Support Forum. I am closing this thread.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Regardless of whether the question is posted to the open thread again, it was asked and answered TWICE in this very thread. Cathy's friend is NOT the person in the picture. Sorry. She will not be able to help you.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

7. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

No, you keep asking the same question. You lie about accounts that you have opened. You completely ignored the Nightright account. I will ban you and any subsequent versions of you if you do not convince me right here and now that you are telling the truth. And telling the truth would be a good start. You are 99% close to being banned, so if you are genuinely looking for someone, I would suggest that stopping lying might help. Trolls ignore their lies and claim they are telling the truth. You say you are not a troll, but you behave like one in every way. My only doubt is that you are not a very good one. Tell the truth or go.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2