English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: What to do after being rejected from CELTA ?

I wonder if it would be a good idea to make that link available somewhere on the forum, perhaps as a sticky thread or in the Articles section. It would be very helpful for a lot of learners.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

2. Newbie
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Thank you all for your input. You know, it's not that I don't understand what it entails, rather I'm baffled by the comments on some parts that I explain to my classes on daily basis. Grammar for instance, they gave me in the interview these two sentences:
    1) She studied English last year.
    2) She's been studying English for five years.

I explained the two sentences under pressure (I get anxiety in interviews), so it didn't come out the way expected from a teacher. This is another thing I want to tackle, it also used to happen in my IGCSE exams. I used to prepare well, even get good grades in my mocks, but in the real thing my brain goes blank.

If God wills, I'm going to take the IELTS exam, but I need to refine the areas of weakness I've got. That's why I'm here. Thank you again for the help.

VIP Member
    Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Since you have identified and self-admitted the cause of your failure in interviews, you are much closer to being able to do something about it. I can't really offer a solution, since I don't know what resources are available to you. You could research "exam anxiety" or "interview anxiety" on the web. You might find something suitable, or at least get some ideas.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2