Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
England
Hi guys!,

I wrote a resume for my CV, and I really need help with checking it as
all my friends have different doubts about it.

Thank you for help!

Desire of making beautiful things has driven me over the years.
I am an Architectural Assistant and a Master of Science with 3 years of professional experience. I graduated Architecture and Urban planning at Gdansk University of Technology, and had been studying at Lisbon University of Technology. I have also been studying Civil engineering at Gdansk University of Technology over 2 years.

My broad interest has revealed in many different scale projects. In my work, I seek new solutions and try to prove that impossible is nothing. Either these are the smallest apartments in London or just a chocolate café.

I am interested in every size projects from furniture designs through interiors, small constructions and architectural objects. My work characterizes touch of every detail care and a budget consideration. I believe beautiful design can be achieved in any circumstances.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

The desire to create beauty has driven me over the years.

The word "architect" s not a proper noun.

You can earn a master's degree in chemistry or physics or biology, but I don't think you can get a master's degree in science. (I could be wrong.)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi Kate
This is a letter and not a resume or a CV. A resume is the same as a CV. It is a set of fact sheets listing your personal data, qualifications, experience, etc.

Desire of making beautiful things has driven me over the years.
The desire of creating beautiful things has motivated me to pursue a career in architecture.

I [STRIKE]am [/STRIKE] work as an Architectural Assistant and qualified with a Master of Science (in architecture I believe?) with 3 years of professional experience. I graduated [STRIKE]at [/STRIKE] from Gdansk University of Technology in Architecture and Urban planning [STRIKE]at Gdansk University of Technology[/STRIKE], and[STRIKE] had been studying[/STRIKE] studied at Lisbon University of Technology. I have also been studying Civil engineering at Gdansk University of Technology for over 2 years.

My [STRIKE]broad[/STRIKE] interest in architecture has been revealed in many [STRIKE]different scale [/STRIKE]projects of different scale. In my work, I [STRIKE]seek[/STRIKE] come up with new solutions and try to prove that [STRIKE]impossible is[/STRIKE] nothing is impossible. [STRIKE]Either these are[/STRIKE] I have been involved in projects from the smallest apartments in London [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] to just a chocolate café.

I am interested [STRIKE]in every size[/STRIKE] to work on projects of all sizes, from furniture designs through to interiors, small constructions and architectural objects. [STRIKE]My work characterizes touch of every detail care and a budget consideration[/STRIKE]. My work is characterized by a personal touch and care to details and consideration given to budget contraints. I believe beautiful design can be achieved [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] under any circumstances.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

I am an architectural assistant with three years of professional experience. I graduated with a degree in architecture and urban planning from Gdansk University of Technology, and I also studied at Lisbon University of Technology. I have also been studying civil engineering at Gdansk University of Technology for over two years.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

The desire to create beautiful things has motivated me to pursue a career in architecture.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What is a chocolate café?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
They are cafes that specialize in chocolate desserts. Coffee and chocolate -- mm!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Funny you didn't know. The term "chocolate cafe" is in your letter/CV.

Any comments on the suggestions?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I've been to an incredible chocolate café in Paris - I think you could order coffee there but it's speciality was huge cups (almost bowls) of the most delicious hot chocolate. Rather than being made with powder and water/milk, it was just solid bars of good dark chocolate melted over a bain-marie and then poured into the cups. Amazing!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I am interested in working on projects of all sizes, from furniture designs to interiors, to small constructions and architectural objects.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I've been to an incredible chocolate café in Paris - I think you could order coffee there but its speciality was huge cups (almost bowls) of the most delicious hot chocolate. Rather than being made with powder and water/milk, it was just solid bars of good dark chocolate melted over a bain-marie and then poured into the cups. Amazing!

There are some here in Charlotte. (Caribou Cafe is one.) I'm going to have to try it some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

KateKasia

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
England
Funny you didn't know. The term "chocolate cafe" is in your letter/CV.

Any comments on the suggestions?

Thank you very much for your answers! I have changed the text:

The desire to create beautiful things has driven me over the years.
I am a Master of Science (it is correct) and an Architectural Assistant with 3 years of professional experience. I graduated
in Architecture and Urban planning from Gdansk University of Technology, and I also studied at Lisbon University of Technology. I have also been studying Civil engineering at Gdansk University of Technology for over 2 years.

My broad interest (interests?) has revealed in many different scale projects. In my work (works?) I seek new solutions and try to prove that impossible is nothing (nothing is impossible?). Either these are the smallest apartments in London or just a chocolate café.

I am interested in every size projects from furniture designs through to (?) interiors, small constructions and architectural objects.
My work is characterized by having touch in every detail and a budget consideration.(?) I believe beautiful design can be achieved under any circumstances.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Listed below are some of the fields in which a person can earn an MS degree.

Arts
Biological and life sciences
Business studies
Cosmetology
Economics and administration
Energy
Engineering and technology
Fashion
Humanities and social sciences
Law and regulations
Management
Marketing and communication
Natural sciences
Sport
Tourism and hospitality

What field did you earn your degree in?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

The desire to create beautiful things has motivated me to pursue a career in architecture.

(The other sentence doesn't make sense under the circumstances.)

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What field is your degree in?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you don't capitalize "architect" why would you capitalize "architectural assistant"?

KateKasia

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
England
If you don't capitalize "architect" why would you capitalize "architectural assistant"?

In the UK they capitalize Architectural Assistant as job position title.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
So the field your degree is in is "Architecture", not "Architect".

Status
Not open for further replies.