Results 1 to 2 of 2
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

    • Join Date: Apr 2016
    • Posts: 353

    Looking for a plumbing term

    What do you call the shallow, covered excavation in between drainage pipes that serve as a trap for debris? It has a concrete cover that can be removed in order to clean up debris so that water will flow smoothly.

    P.S.: It is not a septic tank, although when covered, looks pretty much like it. I don't know the term so I searched for images of concrete covered septic tanks instead.

    EDIT: It's called a catch basin. I found the answer by happenstance searching the web. Admin can delete the post or leave it up as desired.
    Last edited by curiousmarcus; 18-Jun-2016 at 03:13.
    Not a teacher.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 57,903

    Re: Looking for a plumbing term

    I'll leave it up in case we're ever asked again.

Similar Threads

  1. [Vocabulary] What does "plumbing" mean in this context?
    By llyzs in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-Nov-2013, 06:57
  2. check out the plumbing
    By ostap77 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-Nov-2010, 10:49
  3. [Grammar] use chinese term as English term
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-Jun-2009, 05:08
  4. [General] (emergency) plumbing (call)=?
    By thedaffodils in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-Sep-2008, 13:41


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts