Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Hello, everyone. This is my first post!

The following is an excerpt in my essay about the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). I was wondering if the sentences flow smoothly and read well. Thanks in advance for your comments.:-D

"The divergent cultural and political identities of Southeast Asian countries result in their disunity. Understandably, these countries, being former colonies, are reluctant to enter into binding agreements with each other, much less create strong supranational institutions, since doing so might engender their hard-won sovereignty. Non-interference is, therefore, a staple policy in the way they conduct their relations with each other, believing that such is necessary to respect their vast differences. This policy, however, breeds weak monitoring and enforcement mechanisms as well as indifference within the community. Just consider the continuing human rights violations in Myanmar or the on-going territorial disputes in the region which the ASEAN consistently fails to address. What makes these countries even more distant from each other is the presence of different international organizations in Asia-pacific which encourages them to forum shop rather than to strengthen their commitments to ASEAN."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

When are you going to submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

Rod194

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Then we wish you good luck with your homework/assignment.

As you will have seen in the forum rules, we do not help with homework or assignments. The work you submit to your teacher/tutor must be your own work, completed with no external help. There is no point handing in work that someone else has helped you with. If you do that, your teacher will have no way of telling where your strengths and weaknesses lie and it won't help the teacher know how best to help you.

Feel free to come back to us after you get your essay back from your teacher if there are any comments or corrections you don't understand.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.