Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Recently we have been trying to develop our own animated music videos for young children and we finally finished our first one. We would really appreciate any input and/or critiques so that we can make our future videos more fun and useful to esl students. Our previous videos were a mixture of some animated scenes and some live characters, but we would like to try a new direction for a while and see if they would be more accessible for a wider audience. If there is anything that you don't like about the song, lyrics or style of animation then your feedback would really be appreciated as we want to keep improving.

Our next video will focus on animals and adjectives and we have a lot more songs that we hope to develop in the future, but we could really do with some feedback
icon_smile.gif

Anyway, thanks for reading and feel free to use any of our videos if you feel that they are useful to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKkawO9zVkQ&feature=youtu.be

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Well done - I really like the song. I'm sure the kids will love it.

If I'm going to be critical, I'd say the screen is a bit cluttered and distracting in places so that you have to be quite fast to identify the things people have. Especially the rather small and upside-down cat in "He has a cat." and during "She has a cat.", my eye is drawn to the spooky white face peering out from behind the pink thing (- is it an octopus?). So I would suggest thinking a little more about directing the viewer's gaze as they listen by decluttering the screen and perhaps staying a little longer on the objects.

Anyway, just a minor criticism because I think it's very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.