• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Help with grammar for a portion of my financial aid appeal letter

As the title says, I want to be sure my grammar is correct for my appeal letter. Any help would be beyond helpful.

My family learned of my problems during the spring of 2016, in result it severed our relation. I have come to realize how much the situation has truly affected not me but as well as my father and my younger brother. My father came forward with how much debt he was in. Through my actions, I have left my father to a position where he is at the brink of bankruptcy, and selling the house is becoming a more liable option. My father is a single parent who has barely enough money to pass the year after supporting my brother and I with college. I have truly realized how selfish I have been. Although I had a series of unfortunate events, it was and always has been my fault for the lack of attendance, the lack of better grade, the lack of getting help, and the lack of self. Iíve come to realize I have to take measuring steps now, because there wonít be a later, or at least the upcoming decade. Iíve begun therapy to assist with my anxiety and my gambling addiction. I have become an avid user of online helping sites as well, to which I have built a small community where we share our problems and our attempts on a daily basis. Being open about the problems Iím currently facing and having the support of my family has helped immensely of my anxiety and also in result, I have not gambled once throughout the past three months. How I plan to improve more is to build a community of help at my school. Start making positive relations with my advisor, my professors, classmates, and my councilor. Attendance is of my biggest issue, to which I have also changed my sleeping schedule and have started working more during the summer to improve my time management and also building a proper schedule during my fall semester to assist me with all my needs.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Help with grammar for a portion of my financial aid appeal letter

To whom are you appealing?

Are you sure you're a Retired Academic?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

My family learned of my problems during the spring of 2016; in the result was that it severed our relationship. I have come to realize how much the situation has truly affected not only me, but as well as my father and my younger brother as well. My father came forward with how much debt he was in. Through my actions, I have left my father has been left to in a position where he is at on the brink of bankruptcy, and selling the house is becoming a more liable viable option. My father is a single parent who has barely enough money to pass last the year after supporting my brother and I with through college. I have truly come to realized how selfish I have been. Although I have had a series of unfortunate events, it was and always has been my fault, for the lack of attendance, the lack of better grade, the lack of getting help, and the lack of self(confidence?). I’ve come to realize I have to take measuring steps now, because there won’t be a chance later, or at least the upcoming decade. I’ve begun to seek therapy to assist with help overcome my anxiety and my gambling addiction. I have become an avid user of online helping sites as well, to with which I have built a small community where we share our problems and our attempts on a daily basis. Being open about the problems I’m currently facing and having the support of my family has have helped immensely of with my anxiety and also in, as a result, I have not gambled once throughout the past three months. How I plan to improve more is to build a community of help at my school. I start making by establishing positive relations relationships with my advisor, my professors, classmates, and my councilor. Attendance is of my biggest issues, to which I have also changed my sleeping schedule, and have started working more during the summer to improve my time management and also building have built a proper schedule during my fall semester to assist me with all my needs.

Last edited by tedmc; 22-Jun-2016 at 13:20.
    I am not a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Ted, you have gone to such a lot of trouble to correct this text that I haven't the heart to delete it.

In future, when a moderator asks for clarification of some sort, please wait for a response before replying.

I can't comment on your corrections as I haven't got time right now.