As causation (from experience over the years from ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello all users!

First of all I would like to ask you to help me unravel the East German English.

The question I would like you to help me with is bolded.

As causation (from experience over the years from repurchase used cranes, accident repair and damage assessment) we can from today’s perspective to say that the damage was most likely caused from a load of the crane in the process under load by the crane operator.
Such damage occurs mean the moving of loads i.e. the crane has a load on the hook which he lifted and moves this (method onaxles; mobile; transport) to another location. It comes through uneven ground (job site conditions) to a back and forth pivoting of the load. What can lead to a sudden rise and fall-load. This type of load and short-term peak loads (on the maximum load limit beyond) there is the possibility frequently to cracks in the material. It usually cracks at a location of the material that has been reinforced with the force entry under stress arise. How also can clearly see the crack is only one side of the luffing ram connection to the base case ofthe boom.

In my opinion, the meaning of the bolded sentence is as follows:

As regards the reason (for the damage) (based on experience gained over the years as a result of dealing with repurchased used cranes (or repurchase of used cranes), accident repair and damage assessment) we can, from today’s perspective, say that the damage was most likely caused by a load of the crane which was being applied by the crane operator.

As regards the reason (for the damage) (based on experience over the years as a result of dealing with repurchased used cranes (or repurchase of used cranes), accident repair and damage assessment) we can, from today’s perspective, say that the damage was most likely caused by the crane operator who was applying a load.

I have to say that I have noone to turn to for help with these difficult sentences and they need translating. All the above-mentioned text is about the damage to a crane.

Could you tell me what you think of my attempts to express its meaning?

Thank you.

Last edited:

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Something like "Based on our years of experience with accident repair and damage assessment, we can state that the cause of the damage is likely operator error while moving a load."

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The whole thing is a mess. Not just the part in bold. Anyhow, I am at least 90% sure that that the reason for the damage to the crane was operator error. The ground was uneven. That tells you something right there. What does it tell you? You might need to carry a lighter load than usual.

JACEK1

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
It is a total mess. I confirm.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It said at the top (and still does): "Results.1 to 1 of 1." So didn't notice SoothingDave's excellent response at first.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Based on our experience with repurchased used cranes, we think the crane was overloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.