Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello!

This time I would like to ask you for help with another bolded sentence or, to be precise, two sentences.

As causation (from experience over the years from repurchase used cranes, accident repair and damage assessment) we can from today’s perspective to say that the damage was most likely caused from a load of the crane in the process under load by the crane operator. Such damage occurs mean the moving of loads i.e. the crane has a load on the hook which he lifted and moves this (method onaxles; mobile; transport) to another location. It comes through uneven ground (job site conditions) to a back and forth pivoting of the load. What can lead to a sudden rise and fall-load. This type of load and short-term peak loads (on the maximum load limit beyond) there is the possibility frequently to cracks in the material. It usually cracks at a location of the material that has been reinforced with the force entry under stress arise. How also can clearly seethe crack is only one side of the luffing ram connection to the base case of the boom.

To my thinking, the sentence means "It results from/is caused by uneven ground (job site conditions) to pivoting the load back and forth, which can lead to a sudden rise and fall-load" or "It results from/is caused by uneven ground (job site conditions) to pivoting the load back and forth. That can lead to a sudden rise and fall-load".

I haven't the slightest idea what 'a sudden rise and fall-load' means.

I would be very grateful to you for taking your time to try and help me and telling whether or not I am righgt or wrong in my reasoning.

Thank you

andrewberlin

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Germany
It's a very bad translation, but I'm guessing it means that the load jumps into the air because of the crane moving over uneven ground. It's not at all clear though.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Andrew has it exactly right. Due to uneven ground the load tends to rise unexpectedly. Then, of course, it falls. When it falls it might cause the operator to lose control of the crane.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Not only to lose control of the load, but that the forces placed upon the crane by the load lifting up and them yanking down are much greater than the weight of the load itself.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This looks like a legal matter. I don't think it's possible to know what the original document said from the terrible translation you're working with. Speculation in this sort of thing is not a good idea. I'd seek out the original document and have it translated properly before proceeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.