Student or Learner
Native Language
Assamese
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi
I was onced asked by a friend to enquire about his ATM card in the bank using his name as mine, which he applied a month ago but haven't received yet.But I am rather confused how to enquire about it in english. Please check if these sentences would be appropriate to enquire about the delay of the ATM card.

This is "my friend's name" a loyal customer from your bank. Would you please check the status of my ATM card since I haven't got my ATM card even though I applied a month ago. Would you please check wheather it has been dispatched or not.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi
I was onced asked by a friend to enquire about his ATM card in the bank [STRIKE]using his name as mine[/STRIKE], which he applied a month ago but haven't received yet.(Space)But I am rather confused as to how to enquire about it in English. Please check if these sentences [STRIKE]would be[/STRIKE] are appropriate to enquire about the delay of the ATM card.

This is "my friend's name", a loyal customer [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] of your bank. Would you please check the status of my ATM card since I haven't got my ATM card even though I applied a month ago? Would you please check [STRIKE]wheather[/STRIKE] whether it has been dispatched [STRIKE]or not[/STRIKE]?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think that going into a bank and pretending to be someone else is probably illegal.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Won't they ask for some identity before they answer such questions?

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I think 'for' is missing after the first 'applied' and 'hasn't' should be used instead of the first 'haven't' in post#2.

Status
Not open for further replies.