Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Perhaps:

I will walk with you all the way there. I will be with you from start to finish.

You got my point! But, there is not a "you". The story says: even after 40 days, the caravan doesn't leave the pledge. They company to the end of the way!

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
By "condition of companionship" I mean: if you say you are my company, you should be with me to the end of the way. The way which has a lot of difficulties in it. So the condition of companionship is....
:cry:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You got my point! But, there is not a "you". The story says: even after 40 days, the caravan doesn't leave the pledge. They company to the end of the way!

This is a toughie. That doesn't make sense in English. Perhaps:

They keep their promises.

Perhaps:

They complete their mission. They keep at it until the very end.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
By "condition of companionship" I mean: if you say you are my company, you should be with me to the end of the way. The way which has a lot of difficulties in it. So the condition of companionship is....
:cry:

Loyalty?

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
This is a toughie. That doesn't make sense in English. Perhaps:

They keep their promises.

Perhaps:

They complete their mission. They keep at it until the very end.

Thanks, but these are too far from what I mean. What is your idea about this: The key factor of companionship is coming along from start to finish.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Next part:

Arbayean means completion. It means fulfilling doing something to the end. And returning captured caravan to Karbala means you should come along from start to finish. Oath of loyalty in love includes being a firm friend. Oath of loyalty in love is passing through all cols, bottlenecks and (adj: consequent/in front/coming/future) difficulties.

The Signs of faith

If you were asked what the signs of faith are, what would you answer? How can you understand if you are a believer? Belief (Eteqaad) is derived from the Arabic root "Aqada" which means "knot". Belief means tying humans' thoughts and existence with something. If I tie myself with something, I believe in that. However, faith (Iman) means peace coming. Now, how can you understand who has faith and who is faithful? One day, Amir-al-mumenin Ali (AS) asked the prophet Muhammad: "What are the signs of faith?" He talked about 33 signs and checking each signs needs...

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks, but these are too far from what I mean. What is your idea about this: The key factor of companionship is coming along from start to finish.

I think you are talking about friendship and not companionship. You can be a companion to somebody without there being a serious commitment.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

It means you finish what you started.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

And returning a captured caravan to Karbala means you finish what you started. It means you do the task to completion.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Arbayean means completion. It means fulfilling doing something to the end. And returning captured caravan to Karbala means you should come along from start to finish. Oath of loyalty in love includes being a firm friend. Oath of loyalty in love is passing through all cols, bottlenecks and (adj: consequent/in front/coming/future) difficulties.

The Signs of faith

If you were asked what the signs of faith are, what would you answer? How can you understand if you are a believer? Belief (Eteqaad) is derived from the Arabic root "Aqada" which means "knot". Belief means tying humans' thoughts and existence with something. If I tie myself with something, I believe in that. However, faith (Iman) means peace coming. Now, how can you understand who has faith and who is faithful? One day, Amir-al-mumenin Ali (AS) asked the prophet Muhammad: "What are the signs of faith?" He talked about 33 signs and checking each signs needs...

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
The prophet Muhammad said one of the signs of a faithful person is that he/she is "Johouri-al-zekr" . Johouri-al-zekr means he/she states his/her beliefs honestly and is not shy to state them, at all. Sometimes we go to a place where other's beliefs differ from ours. In this situation, we cannot do our religious tasks easily. We may be scoffed and even be taunted.
In this situation, do you really state your religious beliefs? Sometimes we hide ourselves( our beliefs). We pretend to share the beliefs of the hearer. We experience these situations a lot in our daily life. For instance, you sit near someone. He says something. Then you see others agree with his claims. In this case, if you state a different idea, you will see those people will agree with you too. It shows that they change their ideas very easily.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
After Karbala disaster, at Shaam (a place), someone asked Imam Sajjad (AS) : "Who won the battle?". He intended to prove that Yazid won the battle and you were murdered and captured. Imam Sajjad (AS) responded him beautifully: "If you are seeking to know who won the battle, you shall wait until Azan time; then it will be clear who won. Pay attention to Azan. Will the name of Yazid and Muavie 's family be shouted (????) or ours? On that time, the winner will be known."
Thus, one of the signs of a faithful person is that he/she states his/her beliefs easily and defends them. A faithful person is not tense; he/she doesn't walk on eggshells.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Quran says:
«اذا سرتُِکَ حسنتک و سائتک سیئتک فأنت مؤمن»
Would you like to know if you are faithful? The clue is this: If you become happy of goodness and you become sad of badness you are faithful. For instance, after committing a wrong work, blame yourself, hate the work and seek for a way to make it up. In this case, you would be faithful. Moreover, after doing a good work, you feel inside happiness(اذا سرتک حسنتک) and goodness makes you happy; you feel an inside interest. In this case, believe that you are in a wright way and faithful.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Finished!
I will be grateful if you devote your time to improve my writing.
Thanks.
:roll:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Johouri-al-zekr means that he/she states his/her beliefs honestly and is not shy about stating them.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Orations and speeches:
Rousing speeches of Hazrat Sajjad (AS) -the forth imam of Shia- with Kufai people.
Imam Zain-Al-Abedin (AS) made speeches twice when he was living in Kufa. The first time was when the governmental town criers invited people to look humorously at captives. Tents were pitched for captives in the vicinity of Kufa. Ali-abn-al-Hussain (AS) came out of his tent and settled people down. Imam Ali started his speech with praising God and he sent hello and Salavat to the prophet (peace be upon him) and his family. Then he said:

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Lo people! The one who knows me, knows me. And for the one who does not know me, I am Ali - Son of Hussain(AS)- . Hussain is the person whose holly head was chopped off near the Euphrates river. However, he was not guilty and they did not have right to do that. I am the son of that person who ... (( I want to use "irreverence" but I dont know how)) :oops:

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
His calmness was stolen; his wealth was despoiled; and his family members were captured. I am the son of that man who was beleaguered by excess of enemies. He was alone; There was no friend to help him and to break the beleaguer. He was martyred alone. However, this kind of martyrdom is our honor (( I dont know how to say it, it is like feeling proud of or....))

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

The caravan is coming back to Karbala very different from when it left.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

One of the signs that a person is faithful is that he or she is honest about his/her beliefs. Another is that he or she is not shy about stating those beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.