Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
My collegue has just written this sentence for social media, but we are in doubt if the sentence is correct (sounds native)..

Can you please look at the two sentences below?
BR

Let's love kids and robots.
Let's Make kids love robots, and robots love kids :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you change the capital "M" on "make" to a lower case "m" and add a full stop at the end, both sentences are grammatically correct.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
My colleague has just written this sentence for social media, but we are in doubt if the sentence is correct (sounds native).

Can you please look at the two sentences below?
BR

Let's love kids and robots.
Let's make kids love robots, and robots love kids.
With those two changes the sentences are grammatically correct. I'd need more context to comment further.

(Cross-posted.)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What are you trying to say? These sentences are different in meaning.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Both have kind of a creepy vibe to them.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Especially the first

Zvango

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
There is a photo of a kid who is teaching welding path to an industrial robot. And there is also a teacher who is teaching kid how to write software for this industrial robot.

The idea is to tell people to; "have kids playing with robots, teach kids how to write softwares, have kids who like robots and technology."

So, that's it. After I tell the story, meaning changes?

Zvango

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
If you change the capital "M" on "make" to a lower case "m" and add a full stop at the end, both sentences are grammatically correct.

Well, I've just figured that although I wrote [grammar] in topic title, it was also related with the meaning.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There is a photo of a kid who is teaching welding [STRIKE]path[/STRIKE] to an industrial robot. [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] There is also a teacher who is teaching a kid how to write software for this industrial robot.

The idea is to tell people to "[STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] Encourage your kids to play[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] with robots, teach your kids how to write [STRIKE]softwares[/STRIKE] software. [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] We want your kids [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] to like robots and technology."

So, that's it. [STRIKE]After[/STRIKE] Now that I [STRIKE]tell[/STRIKE] have told you the story, does the meaning [STRIKE]changes[/STRIKE] change?

Well, I've just figured out that although I wrote [grammar] in the topic title, it [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] also related [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] to the meaning.

See my changes above.

In your originals, you said:

1. "Let's love kids and robots". That is a suggestion to us all that we should love children and robots.
2. "Let's make kids love robots, and robots love kids". That is a suggestion that we should force our children to love robots and (somehow) force robots to love children.

I'm sure you can see how those two definitions are different.

You can't tell people to "have children who do XXX".

Status
Not open for further replies.