Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Belarus
Current Location
Germany
Dear experts
I am currently looking for a new job and have to apply in English very often. Until now I haven’t succeeded much, maybe smth is wrong with my cover letters (structure, grammatical errors, punctuation, etc). I would be very grateful for every useful advice on how I could improve my writing. Thank you so much!:)

Dear Ms XY

I am writing to express my interest in the technical Project Manager position open at XY.

Blending a strong technical background with the experience in technical project management and keen interest for the IT sector, I am looking for a new career opportunity in a dynamic company with international outreach such as XY.

The following offers a few highlights of my key strengths, which relate directly to your job requirements:

• Extensive hands-on experience in managing large scale media projects with technical components and international exposure.
  • Overseas experience in the project supervision and in providing technical trainings for the international teams in India and Israel.
  • Readiness to travel and ability to adapt easily to the new work situations.
  • Full proficiency using the office pack (creation of reports, operation manuals, process descriptions, and other technical documentation).
  • Sound business and technical communication skills in English and German.

Working for XY publishing house I successfully relocated the company’s typesetting and production services to the global information service providers in order to produce more efficiently and at lower costs. This gave me first-hand exposure to the full project cycle, particularly monitoring project’s overall progress, technical supervision of the supplier teams and continuous evaluation of their performance, quality assurance of the products and services.

Establishing collaboration with new suppliers and adjustment of complex production workflows within fixed delivery schedule required a proactive approach including handling critical deadlines and conflicting priorities. I thus consider my problem solving and prioritizing skills along with a self-reliant, proactive and well-structured work approach as my core competencies.

Enhancing my knowledge in project management I obtained PRINCE2 and SCRUM certification.

In response to your request, I am available to start on 1 November 2016. My salary requirement is between €Xk and €Yk, depending on the job requirements and the benefits offered by XY.

I am willing to relocate to Berlin and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss how my qualifications will be beneficial to your team’s success.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Blending a strong technical background with experience in technical project management, and a keen interest in the IT sector, I am looking for....

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Overseas experience in project supervision and in providing technical training for international teams in India and Israel.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Readiness to travel and ability to adapt to new work situations.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The word "training" is not normally a count noun. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen it pluralized except on this forum.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
German too? Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
;-)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Working for XY publishing company, I relocated the company's typesetting and production services to the global information and service providers in order to produce more efficiently..

You need to say what was produced.

os018

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Belarus
Current Location
Germany
not german, but l've been living in Germany for 8 years :) many thanks for your help!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

This gave me first-hand exposure to the full project cycle....

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Next paragraph. Say:

a fixed delivery schedule....

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Next paragraph. Say:

Enhancing my knowledge of project management, I....

###

Status
Not open for further replies.