Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"Tom had a vision yesterday he saw a house in it. He went to that house that he had seen in the vision."

Please check.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I do not think the word "vision" is appropriate in the context.
Vision refers to seeing something that is impressive or extraordinary. I don't think seeing a house is considered a vision.

You need a "which" after "yesterday".

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Tom had a vision yesterday he saw a house in it. He went to that house that he had seen in the vision."

Please check.

The first sentence is a run-on sentence.

I'd say something like "Tom had a dream about a house yesterday. He later went to the house that he'd seen in the dream. "

Or:

"Tom had a dream yesterday, in which he saw a house. He then went to the house he'd seen in the dream."

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
But there's no indication that it was a dream. It could have been an hallucination, an epileptic prodrome, or something supernatural.

tedmc, a vision doesn't have to be special or extraordinary in content. Macbeth had a vision of a dagger, for instance. Most supernatural visions in stories do have some symbolic significance though. We don't know anything about the context of Tom's vision.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
But there's no indication that it was a dream. It could have been an hallucination, an epileptic prodrome, or something supernatural.

tedmc, a vision doesn't have to be special or extraordinary in content. Macbeth had a vision of a dagger, for instance. Most supernatural visions in stories do have some symbolic significance though. We don't know anything about the context of Tom's vision.

I think I have seen it in movies but I am not sure. Yesterday I was watching finale destination 5 but I didn't hear this word but I have heared it on T.V. People say "I had a vision." It's not a dream. They see somehing when they are awake and mostly it has something to do with the future happenings like in "finale destination series." I think now I have few words for it "future sight or second sight", "premonition or precognition" and "prescience."

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
A vision foretelling the future.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
A vision foretelling the future.

"Tom had a vision foretelling the future. He saw a house in it. He went to the house he had seen in the vision foretelling the future." It doen't seem correct.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Tom had a foretelling vision, where he saw a house. Then he went to the house seen in the vision.

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
not a teacher

Yesterday Tom had a vision in which he saw a house. He then went to that house.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
not a teacher

Yesterday Tom had a vision in which he saw a house. He then went to that house.

But he had a vision is not correct.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think I have seen it in movies but I am not sure. Yesterday I was watching finale destination 5....

I think you mean Final Destination 5. Movie titles are proper nouns, like the titles of books, plays, named festivals, etc. The word finale is pronounced like "fih-nal-ee" and means literally "the last part of a dramatic or musical production". It's often used metaphorically to mean "the last part of an extended activity".

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
H​e had a vision of the future.

So it's correct only with "the future", right? "Tom had a vision of the future. He saw a house in it. He went to that house that he had seen in the vision of the vision." It is same as my first sentence.

What is future sight or second sight?

Can we also say "I saw it in my mind?"

Status
Not open for further replies.