• Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

enrolling at school

So last year I was going into the 10th grade.I was pulled out my 3 week in to 10th grade for family reasons and decided to home school. This year in August will be my 11th grade year. I am planning on taking the test I missed in 10th grade and hopefully passing to the 11th. My question is if i pass the test and go into the 11th grade, will I gain my points for 10th grade? If not then is there a way I can gain back my points for the 10th grade with out being held back? I know I got to have all my points from all 4 school years in order to pass. I'm worried that if i don't gain my points from 10th grade,I won't be able to graduate... but again,is there a way I can gain my points I missed in 10th grade with out being held back.
    Thank you for your time and consideration. Looking forward to the answer :)
    ~April Lindsey

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: enrolling at school

Hello April, and welcome to Using English.

Are you asking us to correct this? Are you sending a letter to your school administrator?

Last year, I entered 10th grade. After only three weeks, I had to leave school for family reasons, and was home-schooled for the remainder of the year. This August, I am ready to return to school for my 11th grade year. Please help me understand the process for getting credit for my 10th-grade year so I can graduate on time. I am prepared to take all tests necessary to demonstrate my mastery of my 10th-grade subjects. I appreciate any guidance you can provide to me.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.