Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello,
Recently, I've decided to take a Cambridge exam. Today, I sat the entry exam at British Council, my English level was assessed as a lower C2 and now I should decide whether to take the CAE or CPE exam. I was told by the examinator, that according to his opinion, passing CAE with grade A would not be a problem for me. However, CPE exam would require about a year of preparation and training.

My question is, what benefits brings the CPE exam in contrast to the CAE - because I've found out that passing CAE with grade A gives you the C2 level as well. I want the certificate for study and future job purposes.

Thanks for any info

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
CAE is widely recognised, so there are few cases where CPE wins. CPE is an old and very advanced exam, but CAE meets the requirements for most needs.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
One benefit of having a CPE is that you can say you have passed the highest-level possible. Apart from kudos, that might be attractive to some organisations who demand exceptionally high-level skills in English, if that's who you're looking to impress.

(By the way, you've made a few errors in your post -- can you spot them?)

Status
Not open for further replies.