Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please help me improve the following assessment report on an employee. Thank you.

George had always been a staff with enormous potential, possessing very good knowledge and skills in various aspectsof venue management and this assessment period once again highlighted his rapid development to the next dimensional level. With strong communication skills and leadership, George intelligently managed his own duties such the bookings of sports facilities, the supervision of various types of contracting staff and the monitoring of several major improvement works engineered by the Technical Division, the liaison with the public,the administration and the management of clerical duties and even some additional tasks, which convinced me that he was more than capable of handling full set of his current duties and that of higher level in the near future.

George, with outstanding aptitude and attitude towards horticultural andarboricultural management aspects, independently managed the horticultural areasat the venue. In fact, only by his skillfully communication with the horticultural contractor and supervision over their workers to ensure them to deliver consistent quality services to our venue and consolidatedit as one of the high-patronized leisure areas within the district. Similarly, comprehensive trees management as Mr. YU adopted, Mr. YU closely monitored all the trees at the venue and swiftly reacted against the existence of several irregular trees incidents there. Had Mr. YU not wholeheartedly devoted himself towards the trees management at the venue, those trees would have never been maintained in a satisfactorymanner, even in the typhoon season.

Likewise, George was truly a superb supervisor, sensibly leading and monitoring his subordinates to carry outall the assigned duties and finish those effectively and satisfactorily. As a self-motivated person, he actively enrolled in a number of department-runtraining courses, particularly in the field of arboriculture and after continued endeavors, he successfully obtained the certificate of arborist, which could perfectly help him equip with professional knowledge and exposure on trees management. As an approachable and helpful person, George always maintained very good relationship with his colleagues and he had no hesitation to share his valuable advices and helping hand to those who were in need of assistance, which earned him a very high prestige amongst the team.

To conclude, I believed that the assessment had truly reflected George’s performance during the assessment period and I would like to rate hisperformance during the assessment period as very good. We are fortunate to have worked alongside an industrious, competent and dependable staff like George and hence we are exceptionally upset with his impending transfer to another department later this month and we all trust that his departure is a massive loss of our playground even in the long term, but certainly a considerable gain for another company.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
George is a "staff member" or a "member of staff" but not "a staff".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First sentence. Say:

George has always been an employee with tremendous potential, possessing considerable knowledge and skills in various aspects of venue management, and this assessment period once again highlghted his rapid development to the next level.

You have a problem with spacing between words. On the other hand, you did a good job of spacing between paragraphs.

GTG!

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
...venue management, and this assessment [STRIKE]period[/STRIKE] once again highlghted his rapid development to the next level.

chowbarry

What do you mean by "venue management"? I have not heard of the term before.

I think the word "period" should not be there.

With strong communication skills and leadership, George intelligently (ably, expeditiously, efficiently) managed his own duties such the bookings of sports facilities, the supervision of various types of contracting staff and the monitoring of several major improvement works engineered by the Technical Division, the liaison with the public(,) and the administration and the management of clerical duties and even some additional tasks, which convinced me that he was more than capable of handling the full set of his current duties and that of higher level (? phrase does fit) in the near future

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think he meanss the period for which he (George) is being assessed.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

chowbarry

What do you mean by "venue management"? I have not heard of the term before.

venue management

Venue management includes activities or duties related to the operations of buildings such as performance theaters, concert halls, sports arenas, conference centers and hotels. A management professional is in charge of those tasks, which include scheduling, booking, client relations, financial management, marketing promotions, event coordination, administrative work, venue security, maintenance services, and human resources.

(From www.reference.com)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Next sentence. Perhaps:

George intelligently managed his duties, such as booking sports events,..., liaison with the public, the administration and management of clerical duties.... George does his current job well, and he is ready for more responsibility.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Don't say a person was a good supervisor unless he is dead. Instead, say he is a good supervisor.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
George has always been an employee with tremendous potential, possessing considerable knowledge and skills in various aspects of venue management, and this assessment period once again highlighted his rapid development to the next level.

I think a period cannot highlight. An assessment does.

Does this sound better?

George has always been an employee with tremendous potential, possessing considerable knowledge and skills in various aspects of venue management, and the assessment for this period once again highlighted his rapid development to the next level.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Ted, you are right. The assessment talks about George's skills. But does it also have to talk about itself? Ted, you improved that section. However, it is that very improvement that makes it clear to me that it is not needed.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Two things, Chowberry.

It's an assessment OF George.

Unless you have to say everything twice, you can shorten it by at least one paragraph.

You're doing this assessment of somebody who is leaving?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Ted, you are right. The assessment talks about George's skills. But does it also have to talk about itself? Ted, you improved that section. However, it is that very improvement that makes it clear to me that it is not needed.

Tarheel
What do you mean by the assessment talking about itself? I said it is the assessment(for a particular period)and not the period itself that highlighted something. How can a period of time highlight anything?

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's in post #9, and it repeats what has already been said. The same thing is repeated later.

(I don't want to do any more typing than I have to.)

Status
Not open for further replies.