Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Singapore
Dear teachers,
I feel my sentences are not correct but I don't know how to revise it. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

"In secondary school, my science teachers taught me a lot of nature laws of which I later found an interesting common point. Everything tends to achieve the lowest energy state. Water will move from higher ground to lower one while air move from higher pressure to lower pressure. Every chemical particle tends to combine with others to achieve the lower chemical energy states. I felt excited to find the explanations for this coincidence. “Shouldn’t be the higher the better?”- I wondered. Much to my surprise, I got the answer from a wise martial art master."

Rgds,
Tran.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I think my sentences are not correct, but I don't know how to revise them.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
"In secondary school, my science teachers taught me a lot[STRIKE] of[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]nature[/STRIKE] about the laws of nature, [STRIKE]of [/STRIKE]which I later found an interesting common point. Everything tends to achieve the lowest energy state. Water will move from a high[STRIKE]er[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]ground[/STRIKE] level to low[STRIKE]er one[/STRIKE] level while air moves from an area of high[STRIKE]er[/STRIKE] pressure to low[STRIKE]er[/STRIKE] pressure. Every chemical particle tends to combine with others to achieve the[STRIKE] lower[/STRIKE] lowest chemical energy state[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE]. I felt excited to find the explanations for this coincidence. “Shouldn’t [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] the higher [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] state be better?”- I wondered. Much to my surprise, I got the answer from a wise martial art master."

My understanding of the physics and chemistry principle is that things tend to attain a state of equilibrium given that the surrounding conditions such as the pressure, volume and temperature are constant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

martial arts

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Singapore

My understanding of the physics and chemistry principle is that things tend to attain a state of equilibrium given that the surrounding conditions such as the pressure, volume and temperature are constant.
Thanks Tedmc for your corrections.
You are right that things tend to attain a state of equilibrium which would be lowest energy state. My question is why it is so. Why do things tend to attain of equilibrium? Why don't they just stay at where they are? I try to explain it in the next paragraph which I'm still writing half way. Then, I try to extend this law to our daily life both spiritually, mentally and physically.

Warm regards,
Tran.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Things that are not in a state of equilibrium are in an unstable condition and is not sustainable. There is the natural tendency to readjust and move to a stable state.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Two things.

Say: