Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
Hi Teacher,

I was told that keep on writing is the best option to improve the writing skills. But I don't know how to check if there are mistakes in my writing. Could you please suggest me a way to correct my writings by myself?

Below is what I have written to today. Could you please check and let me know if there are any mistakes.

Property investment is the best investment to become a wealthy within a short period. One of my friends is 22 years old, and his property portfolio is worth around 25 million dollars. He did not have to work hard to reach this goal. He was always an easy going guy, slept at least 10 hours a day, did not work for someone. What he did was used his brain and work smarter than harder.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Re: One paragraph for check

Hi Teacher,

I was told that [STRIKE]keep on writing[/STRIKE] writing a lot/constant writing ( you need a gerund here; "keep on writing" is not a gerund) is the best [STRIKE]option[/STRIKE] way to improve [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] one's writing skills. But I don't know how to check if there are mistakes in my writing. Could you please suggest me a way to correct my writings by myself?
It is difficult to check your own writing. Having your writing checked by others is best as they see things from a fresh perspective and can pick up things that you can't.

Below is what I have written [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE]today. Could you please check and let me know if there are any mistakes.

Property investment is the best investment to become [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] wealthy within a short period. One of my friends is 22 years old, and his property portfolio is worth around 25 million dollars. He did not have to work hard to reach this goal. He was always an easy-going guy, slept at least 10 hours a day, and did not work for someone. What he did was he used his brain and work smarter than harder.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: One paragraph for check

Say:

He did not work for anyone.

Or:

He worked for himself.

And:

He used his brain and worked smarter rather than harder.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have changed your thread title so that it is specific to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.