Correct my passage Please ( A page of my diary )

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMHM

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Bahrain
Current Location
Bahrain
I have written this passage just for practice. Please check it for me.

" Today I had a long journey all over my city. In the morning I went to the Training Center where I spent 2 hours listening to three of my colleges presenting their assignments.

At 12 o’clock, I went to JJ station where I met a contractor who will do replacement work of our old equipment and wants to take physical measurements of the room where he is going to fix the new equipment .

Two hours later, I visited a shopping mall where I had my launch and did a quick shopping journey before the end of my break time, then I came back to my office to report today’s activities. "

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have written this passage just for practice. Please check it for me.

"Today I [STRIKE]had a long journey[/STRIKE] travelled all over my city. In the morning I went to the Training Center, where I spent [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] two hours listening to three of my [STRIKE]colleges[/STRIKE] colleagues presenting their assignments.

At 12 o’clock, I went to JJ station where I met a contractor who will [STRIKE]do replacement work [/STRIKE] replace [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] our old equipment and [STRIKE]wants[/STRIKE] wanted to [STRIKE]take physical[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]measurements[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] measure the room where he is going to [STRIKE]fix[/STRIKE] install the new equipment.

Two hours later, I visited a shopping mall where I had my [STRIKE]launch[/STRIKE] lunch. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I did a [STRIKE]quick[/STRIKE] bit of shopping [STRIKE]journey[/STRIKE] before the end of my lunch break [STRIKE]time[/STRIKE], then I came back to my office to report today’s activities."

See my corrections above.

Be careful with your spacing around punctuation:

- Don't put a space after opening quotation marks.
- Don't put a space before closing quotation marks.
- Don't put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.