Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"I think I am just happy to have a job. I will always do my best in whatever genre it is. Adventure films are popular globally and I have been fortunate to be a part of a few of them."
I read this interview on Rediff.com. What is the grammatical function of "be" in "fortunate to be"?

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Not for the first time, I have had to enlarge the font in your post. Please bear in mind that some people are using the forum on a smartphone and some don't have perfect eyesight. The font and font size I have used in this post are ideal for the forum. Please try to make sure your posts are easily readable (not too small or too large).

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Fortunate is an adjective. Be is commonly used before an adjective.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Jigneshbaharati, if you are copying and pasting text into your posts, which is causing the small font, when you paste, try right-clicking and choose paste as plain text, which will remove the source font size.

jigneshbharati

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How to do it with IPhone 5 c?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm not sure if the facility is available on an iPhone. However, if you can't do it that way, after you have posted, go back in and click on Edit Post, highlight all the text and then click the "Remove Format" button on the toolbar above the text. It's the second button and looks like two capital "A"s next to each other, with a red X. Don't forget to click Save after you've edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.