Which are correct:
1) What did you do for him to win the game?
2) What did you do so that he would win the game?
Your intention was to make him win and you did something so that he would win. Maybe he did not win after all.
3) What happened or us to grow apart?
4) What happened that we grew apart?
6) What did you do for him to leave the room?
7) What did you do, so that he left the room?
The result of your action was that he left the room. Maybe you did not intend to make him leave the room.
Not a teacher
I'm not sure but I think 1 and 7 are correct.
Last edited by emsr2d2; 30-Jul-2016 at 13:14. Reason: Added "Not a teacher"