[Grammar] Writing an email - requesting birthday info of the owner of partner companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JENA04

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Hi this is my first time to post here and hopefully i get a quick answers. thank you in advance.

so as the subject says, i have to write a formal email asking the birthdays of the owners of our company's partners because our COO is preparing something for them which idk what is.

i dont know how start it. please help me thaaaank you

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Re: WRITING AN EMAIL - REQUESTING FOR BIRTHDAY INFO OF THE OWNER OF PARTNER COMPANIES

Welcome to the forum, JENA04.

As this is an English language forum, we do not accept "texting language" here, which you have used in your post. We do not do the letter-writing for you but if you could write the draft and post it here, we would be able to help.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Re: WRITING AN EMAIL - REQUESTING FOR BIRTHDAY INFO OF THE OWNER OF PARTNER COMPANIES

Hi, This is my first time to post here.
Hi, and welcome to the forum. :hi:

and hopefully I can get a quick answer. Thank you in advance.
We do our best, but we're all volunteers here; you just have to wait for an answer.

So as the [STRIKE]subject[/STRIKE] title says, I have to write a formal email asking for the birthdays of the owners of our company's partners because our COO is preparing a surprise [STRIKE]something[/STRIKE] for them. [STRIKE]which idk what is.[/STRIKE]

I don't know how start it. Please help me. Thank you.

I agree with tedmc's post. However, this is a short one, so I'll give it a try.

Dear Mr Jones,

I've been going through my files, and I note that your date of birth is missing from our records. Please let me know your date of birth so I can update our system.

Thank you and my best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Jenna Smith
HR officer

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

In future, please don't post using capital letters throughout each word as you did in your title. It's the online equivalent of shouting.

JENA04

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines

Welcome to the forum, JENA04.

As this is an English language forum, we do not accept "texting language" here, which you have used in your post. We do not do the letter-writing for you but if you could write the draft and post it here, we would be able to help.

Thank you for your warm welcome tedmc and noted on that.
please check my draft below, again thank u so much for making a time

Dear Partners,
A Good Day!
May I ask for your birthday? This is additional requirements for our database, we xyz company wanted to give our top partners a sincere appreciation for continuous booking to us by celebrating your birthday with us
Looking forward to hear from you soon
Thank you

JENA04

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines

I see... i'll take note of that thank you so much

JENA04

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :hi:

We do our best, but we're all volunteers here; you just have to wait for an answer.

I agree with tedmc's post. However, this is a short one, so I'll give it a try.

Dear Mr Jones,

I've been going through my files, and I note that your date of birth is missing from our records. Please let me know your date of birth so I can update our system.

Thank you and my best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Jenna Smith
HR officer

Teechar you're awesome! thank you so much for that however in the first place we did not get their birthdays and and now sucks i have to get it! each of them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.