Interested in Language
My seniors advise me that I should polish my CV for job application. I would appreciate a lot if someone would help me improve my CV. Thank you in advance.
ST LUKES HOSPITAL (6/2015-7/2015)
Volunteer in Pharmacy Department
· Verified patient information (demographic information, lab tests, past and current medication) to archive such data for synchronizing to IMR system.
· Prepared medication for patients according to prescription.
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (05/2015-06/2015)
Pre-employment Clincal Training II
· Raised patients' awareness about cancer such as encourage early screening, provide information on risk, sign and symptoms of cancer in different stages by creating patient information 5 leaflets and 1 wall poster.
· Answered 7 drug information enquiries to other healthcare professional.
· Dispensed and counseled 15 prescriptions to patients under supervision of preceptor.
· Dispensed and counseled P sale medications in categories of pain, cough & cold, skin care, ophthalmic and otic care, gastrointestinal conditions.
· Successfully recruited 8 patients signing up smoking cessation program. Conducted survey on smoking behavior and willingness to quit to select potential candidates for smoking cessation. Consult patient on benefits and possibility for abstinence from smoking.
· Improved professional skills in dispensing and counseling as well as collaborated with other healthcare professionals to provide best health care services to patients.
Extended period 6 more week as volunteer until 8/2014
Pre-employment Clinical Training I
Proposed plan on shop floor to improve quality, service and cleanliness (QSC). Gathered customer feedback on QSC by conducting surveys to analyze and determined aspects for potential improvement. Rearranged and made use dead space for storing to reduce stock place burden; created high and low flow stock list to prevent overstocking and out of stock. Redistributed tasks and offer assistance to pharmacy assistant when there is downtime, implanted call bell at cashier and pharmacy counter to make sure that customer always being served timely and excellently.
· Plan was reviewed and accepted by preceptor in charge and region manager.
· Average customer satisfaction score increased from 3.7 to 4.1/5 two weeks after initiating plan
Compiled information about vitamin and general supplements in term of categories, brand names, ingredient contents and indications including age, gender, special groups to promote patient conscious decision making. Proactively instructed patients to use and maintain medical device such as glucometer, blood pressure meter etc. correctly.
· Sale of vitamin, general supplements and medical devices increased, especially non-promotion item by 11%.
· Received 2 compliments from frequent customers.
Enhanced knowledge on pharmacy practice and retail process such as legal requirement, purchase orders processes, telepharmacy, bank in etc. Increased responsibility to patient welfare and safety.
NUS TRI-GENERATIONAL HOMECARE PROJECT (9/2014-8/2015)
A multi-disciplinary (medicine, pharmacy, nursing, social work) project collaborating with Northwest CDC and Khoo Teck Puat hospital
Provided holistic care to the elderly who readmitted to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital frequently by medical and psychosocial support. Reduced patient hospitalization by determining root reasons, checking patients medication and compliance, educating care givers on how to take care of elderly, instructing patients to use pill box, applying for grab bars etc.
· Reduced the average admission times from 3.3 to 1.7 per year.
· Intervened 3 cases of incorrect drug uses including 1 case of warfarin overdose.
Imparted valuable skills such as communicating with elderly, helping elderly walking and feeding and using medical devices for regular check up to the secondary school students by demonstrating and encouraging students to practice every visit.
Raised students awareness about aging as well as related problems to empathize with elderly, hence improve relationship with elderly, especially those in family.
Guided secondary students to take responsibility in caring elderly.
NUS ROTARACT CLUB (6/2013-5/2014)
Collaborating with Lions Befrienders Service Association
· Visited and supported lonely elderly in medical, social and financial aspect. Built a reliable relationship with elderly by engaging, talking and joining their activities to understand their true needs, thereby provide them appropriate support.
· Created and implemented events and activities for forty elderly in Holand Village with volunteer team. Supported elderly to walk around park and worked out Tai Chi together with elderly following Tai Chi instructors as event guests.
· Enhanced teamwork spirit in planning, organizing and operating as with other volunteer members to provide best service to elderly. Openly communicate and help other group members to perform their tasks.
Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy, National University of Singapore
· Emphasis in Public Health
· Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, SPSS
Try to keep the length of your CV to two pages. There's a lot of repetition there!