Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
United States
Hi, I am Mirim from South Korea. I need your help to edit my cover letter. Thank you so much for your help!

Dear hiring manager,

My belief is that Graphic Design first and foremost, about sustainability and communication with people. XXX has truly accomplished a successful marketing which conveys sustainable life, the philosophy of XXX, in graphics with the combination of clean typography and simple illustration which is easy to read for people worldwide.

With over 7 years of experience as a graphic professional and master’s degree in Graphic and Interactive Design, I have cultivated my typography/layout/communication graphic abilities. I am always inspired by sustainability, environmental issues and nature and I have developed my own design voice which is simple and clean. As a creative person, I wish to have an opportunity to use my creative skills and knowledge of graphic design to help XXX as a Graphic Communication Co-worker.

As a Brand Artist for OOO in the Art Department, I have been responsible for managing a wide variety of projects, print marketing campaigns, packaging, brand identity, in-store signage and environmental graphics. I work closely with the visual department and copy team to ensure that the OOO brand maintains their integrity when translated in the print medium. With each project, I lead the overall design process from conceptualizing to making samples to ensure the final product is realized on time and within budget.

Now I am looking for other positions because I am in the process of relocating to join my husband who is working in Las Vegas. I am very excited about the position at XXX where I will have the opportunity to expand my experiences and knowledge. Please review my resume and samples and feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to the opportunity to further discuss my qualifications in person. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Dear hiring manager,

I wish to apply for the Lead Graphic Designer position, recently advertised on www.sdfsdfs.net.

My belief is that graphic design is, first and foremost, about sustainability and communication with people. XXX has truly accomplished a successful marketing strategy which conveys sustainable life, the philosophy of XXX, in graphics along with [STRIKE]the combination of[/STRIKE] clean typography and simple illustration which is easy to read for people worldwide.

With over 7 years of experience as a graphics professional and a master’s degree in Graphic and Interactive Design, I have [STRIKE]cultivated my[/STRIKE] solid skills in typography, layout and communication graphics. [STRIKE]abilities.[/STRIKE] I am always inspired by sustainability, environmental issues and nature, and I have developed my own design voice which is simple and clean. As a creative person, I wish to have an opportunity to use my creative skills and knowledge of graphic design to [STRIKE]help[/STRIKE] add to the work of XXX. [STRIKE]as a Graphic Communication Co-worker.[/STRIKE]

Working as a brand artist for OOO in their art department, I have been responsible for managing a wide variety of projects, print marketing campaigns, packaging, brand identity, in-store signage and environmental graphics. I work closely with the visual department and copy team to ensure that the OOO brand maintains [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] its integrity [STRIKE]when translated [/STRIKE] in the print medium. With each project, I lead the overall design process from conceptualizing to making samples to ensure the final product is realized on time and within budget.

Now I am looking for other positions because I am in the process of relocating to join my husband who is working in Las Vegas. I am very excited about the position at XXX where I will have the opportunity to expand my experiences and knowledge. Please review my resume and samples and feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to the opportunity to further discuss my application [STRIKE]qualifications[/STRIKE] in person.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Mirim Song

Change the underlined parts as appropriate. Also, check that the text in blue is what you intend; I was guessing a little there. ;-)

Mirim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
United States
Change the underlined parts as appropriate. Also, check that the text in blue is what you intend; I was guessing a little there. ;-)

Thank you so much your help! I really appreciate. :-D

Mirim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
United States
Thank you so much your help! I really appreciate. :-D

I'd like to talk about how I've cultivated my voice in design. Could you check below sentence is correct please?
Thank you for your help again!

With over 7 years of experience as a graphics professional and a master’s degree in Graphic and Interactive Design, I have cultivated my voice in typography, layout and communication graphics.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you so much your help! I really appreciate it. :-D
You're welcome. Please note that there's no need to write a post to thank someone; just click "Thank/Like."

I'd like to talk about how I've cultivated my voice in design. Could you check below sentence is correct please?
Thank you for your help again!

With over 7 years of experience as a graphics professional and a master’s degree in Graphic and Interactive Design, I have [STRIKE]cultivated my voice[/STRIKE] developed excellent skills in typography, layout and communication graphics.
"Cultivated my voice" sounds unnatural in the above context.

Status
Not open for further replies.