• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Die hard bactsria.

"When I went to hospital previously (I mean before last time, my last visit was on 5th of August so I am talking about 23rd of July. So what is the correct word for this?). I told my doctor that another doctor says that I could stop medicines now because the ESR is normal and there is no activity of disease in my body but he told me that in no way they could stop my medicines at this stage. He told me that at this time bacteria is in dormant state and it's a die hard bacteria(I don't know whether it is correct to use this word?) and it won't die like this. They have seen cases in which people took medicines for over one year but disease reoccured so I will have to take medicines for two years."

Sorry guys you told me to post my parahgraphs in another section but I couldn't find eassy and writting section so I am posting it here. Sorry again.

Please check.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Die hard bactsria.

I've moved the thread for you. The section is called "Editing and Writing Topics".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by tufguy View Post
    "When I went to hospital previously (I mean before last time, my last visit was on 5th of August so I am talking about 23rd of July. So what is the correct word for this?). I told my doctor that another doctor says that I could stop medicines now because the ESR is normal and there is no activity of disease in my body but he told me that in no way they could stop my medicines at this stage. He told me that at this time bacteria is in dormant state and it's a die hard bacteria(I don't know whether it is correct to use this word?) and it won't die like this. They have seen cases in which people took medicines for over one year but disease reoccured so I will have to take medicines for two years."
    It's very wordy, as are many of your posts. It would be difficult to edit it in the quote box so I'm just going to tell you how I would write it.

At my hospital appointment on 23rd July, I told Dr XXX that Dr YYY had previously told me I could stop taking my medication because my ESR was normal and my disease appeared to be inactive. However, Dr XXX said that he disagreed - he told me that the bacteria is in a dormant stage and that it doesn't simply die off. He told me there were cases in which patients took medicine for over a year but the disease recurred, so he recommended that I stay on my medication for at least two years.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

4. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    It's very wordy, as are many of your posts. It would be difficult to edit it in the quote box so I'm just going to tell you how I would write it.

At my hospital appointment on 23rd July, I told Dr XXX that Dr YYY had previously told me I could stop taking my medication because my ESR was normal and my disease appeared to be inactive. However, Dr XXX said that he disagreed - he told me that the bacteria is in a dormant stage and that it doesn't simply die off. He told me there were cases in which patients took medicine for over a year but the disease recurred, so he recommended that I stay on my medication for at least two years.
    Is it incorrect to use "in no way" like the way I used it?

Is there a one word to address (is it correct to use address here?) your previous visit like my last visit was on 5th of August and I want to talk about 23rd of July?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Is it incorrect to use "in no way" like the way I used it?
    Yes, it's incorrect.
    You could say, "The doctor informed me that in no way were they prepared to stop my medication at that stage."

Is there a one word to address (is it correct to use "address" here?) your one's previous visit; like my last visit was on the 5th of August and I want to talk about the 23rd of July?
    No, "address" is wrong; try "describe."

For the 5th of August visit, use "my most recent visit" or simply "my last visit." For the one before that, use "my second-last visit."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

Originally Posted by tufguy
    Is there a one word to address (is it correct to use "address" here?)your one's previous visit; like my last visit was on the 5th of August and I want to talk about the 23rd of July?
    I would really like to know how to mark the line on the texts?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

If you want to use strike-through (the line), put [strike]text you want a line through[/strike]. The stuff in the square brackets is the code to do it- I have disabled the code so that you can see it. The results would look like this:

text you want a line through

If you open the Go Advanced option when replying, you can select the text and use the ABC button to do it. I don't often use the advanced editor, so knowing the code makes things quicker for me.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Tufguy, I believe that die hard bacteria are bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics.

8. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Tufguy, I believe that die hard bacteria are bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics.
    Can we use "die hard" like (can we use how here in place of like?) I used it?

"It's a die hard bacteria."

"He is die hard person."

"It's a die hard animal."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

No.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast